24

Shadow's POV:

For years, I've been thinking of what I would do if I ever saw Remilia again. I thought I'd run and hide. Or maybe I'd shoot her until I ran out of bullets. All I knew was I that I wanted her to feel pain, especially for what she did to me. I was fine with being disowned from her, but taking my family away from me has crossed the line. I wanted to put her in a hospital bed, but it looked like someone beat me to it.

"Why are you here? Haven't you caused me enough trouble?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Bullshit! You know exactly what I'm talking about! You followed me here to make sure your plan worked out! Well, guess what? It did! My husband and unborn children are taken from me and I just had a panic attack!" I spat at him. Her purplish eyes just looked at me like she was bored. Now that I get a good look at her, she looks ages older than what she really is. Her body looked so thin, but that didn't stop my anger. She deserved anything he got.

"Husband? Unborn children? I don't know what you're talking about! I didn't even know you found someone; let alone married! I've been in this hospital for a little more than two weeks! I didn't even know you were in California!"

"Wait. What do you mean you've been in this hospital for more than two weeks? Why are you here?"

"Shadow," She took a deep breath and I saw her eyes starting to water. This must be bad. This must be really bad. The last person I expected to cry in my family was Remilia. Now here she is getting ready to cry a river. "I have cancer. I may not even make it past the end of the month."

"…Is that why you're not in prison?" She slightly nodded her head. I leaned against the wall and just stared at the white ceiling. I'm not a genius or anything, that's Sonic's role kinda, but I think that means that she didn't jump me in that alley. That means she didn't kidnap Sonic's in my babies.

"Then who did?" I whispered to myself.

"Who did what, Shadow?"

"Who kidnapped my family and left a note saying you did it?"

"Well, it obviously had to be one of your enemies. Try and think of who would want to do something so horrible that they'd want to see you crack like this."

She's right! It has to be someone that wants to hurt me on an emotional level, but who could it be? Over the years, I've gained a lot of enemies, but none of them would dare to come at me. I'm on top of my game…Well not now, at this exact moment, but you know what I mean. Mephiles wrapped up in Sally, so I don't think I have to worry about him…but I'll keep an eye out. Just in case. I can only think of one other person, but I haven't seen them in years. I can't help remember the last time I saw that person and what she said…

Flashback

"But, Shadow, I don't understand!" She yelled. Her shouts filled the room as the tears poured down from her brown eyes.

"What else is there more to say, Carmen? I don't want a relationship with you anymore!" The Latino yelled back at her. His patience was running thin. He was five minutes from physically kicking her out of his house.

"Why? Wh-what did I do wrong? H-how can I fi-fix it?" She was constantly running her hands through her hair; something she always did when she was frustrated.