18

Shadow's POV:

I reread the message over and over until I heard the faucet run. I quickly exited out of his messages and put the phone on one of the bedside tables. I turned my head to the bathroom door when I heard it open and saw my husband coming out. I nervously smiled when he looked up. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Are you ok?" He asked as he walked over to the bed and sat on my lap. I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Then why do you look so…nervous?"

"Nervous? I'm not nervous. Just happy," I told him.

"Happy about what exactly?" He asked. I tightened my hold around his waist and let his head fall to my chest.

"Us. The baby. Our marriage. I just…never thought I'd be married to someone as great as you," I answered him as I kissed his forehead.

"Why'd you think that?" I shrugged.

"I don't know. I just thought no one would really love me for me and I wouldn't be able to fall in love with anyone," I told him. He looked up at me.

"I love you for the real you. The looks and muscles are all perks. I hope you feel the same…"

"Of course I feel the same," I quickly tell him. "You're the most important person in my life and I'm glad to call you mine," He smiled and tilted his head up to kiss me. As soon as our lips met, Rouge just had to pop her big head in our room.

"Sonic! Can you help me downstairs?" Sonic pulled away with a sigh and turned around to face the door.

"Sure. I'll be right there," He turned back around to face me. "I'll be right back," He kissed my cheek and slipped off of my waist and out of my grip. When he walked out of the room, I sat there for a while, maybe five minutes, until I got up and left the room, too. I headed down the hallway that led to Knuckles and Rouge's room. I walk to the door and knock. I looked up at Knuckles when he opened the door.

"What's up, Shadow?"

"We need to talk," I push pass him into the room. I turn around when I hear him close the door.

"So, what do you wann-,"

"Meph is Mephiles!" I blurted out. He shook his head and stuck a finger in his right ear and wiggled it.

"I'm sorry…Did you just say Meph is Mephiles?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"And when you say Mephiles…Do you mean Mephiles the Dark?" I nodded my head again.

"And when you say Mephiles the Dark…do you mean your enemy Mephiles the Dark who kidnapped Rouge?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Knuckles. God damn, Knuckles! How many Mephiles the Dark  do you know?" I yelled out as I sat on the bed.

"Sorry. I just wanted to make sure. How do you know he's Mephiles?" He asked as he sat in the computer chair across from me.

"Sonic's phone fell out of his pocket and the screen was on his messages. It was a conversation between him and Shay. The screen kinda scrolled down to the bottom and one of the messages was Rouge saying that Meph is Mephiles," Knuckles arched his eyebrow.

"Really?"

"What?" I asked.

"How do you plan to tell Rouge and Sonic that you found out Meph is actually Mephiles?"

"Simple, tell them what happened!" He rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

"Please tell me you're not serious,"

"What, Knuckles?" I crossed my arms.

"If you tell them what happened, they'll think you were looking through his messages,"