TWELVE

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE!

Mariah impatiently tapped her foot as the elevator took her up to Veronica's apartment. Josie hadn't told her what had happened but from what she did say, Mariah had a pretty good idea of what went on. And she was pissed. When it finally dinged after getting to her floor she rushed out of the doors and to Veronica's apartment. Josie had been the one to open the door, leading the way to Veronica's bedroom where Cheryl was.

As soon as she entered the room, all eyes turned to her. Mariah's gaze was focused on Cheryl and she made her way over to her friend. Veronica stood up from where she sat next to Cheryl, moving out of the way for Mariah to sit down. The blonde immediately pulled the redhead into the hug.

Cheryl fell into her instantly, tears beginning to stream down her face again. Mariah rubbed her arm comfortingly, willing herself not to cry too. "I'm so sorry, Cheryl. I should've been here," she whispered. Cheryl lifted her head from Mariah's shoulder and shook it. "No. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known," she said. Mariah shook her head, "I'm gonna kill him."

"Josie, Veronica, Mel, and Val already took care of him. And I'm gonna press charges. He's not gonna get away with this," the redhead softly said. "You're damn right he's not," Mariah muttered. She looked around the room. Betty and Archie were also there, eyes on the two girls. Mariah looked back at Cheryl. "You're staying at my place tonight, okay?" The redhead nodded.

Mariah stood from the bed, pulling Cheryl up with her. "Come on, let's go." Cheryl stopped to give Josie and Veronica hugs. Mariah hugged Josie as well and gave Veronica and appreciative nod and nothing else. She then looked at Betty. "You and I need to talk. I'll call you tomorrow," the blonde said. Betty looked at her in confusion before nodding her head.

Mariah took ahold of Cheryl's hand and pulled her to the door. The two walked out of Veronica's home and apartment building and to Mariah's car. After getting in, Mariah drove them home.

••••

Cheryl had slept with Mariah in her bed that night, not wanting to sleep alone. Mariah didn't mind one bit. When her mother had come home that night, Mariah had filled her in on what happened and Amara was on the phone with her friends, trying to get in touch with a good lawyer in case Cheryl would need one. She didn't care how late it was.

The next morning, Penelope Blossom was at Mariah's house because her mother had called the woman to fill her in. They had already contacted Sheriff Keller so Nick should be on his way to the station now if he wasn't already there.

Mariah and Cheryl could hear the argument that the two women were having downstairs. Penelope Blossom did not want Cheryl to press charges against Nick. Amara Coleman thought that she should, but Penelope wouldn't budge. "They've been arguing for like, fifteen minutes," Cheryl complained as she walked back and forth in Mariah's room.

"Yeah well, your mom is being the stupid bitch she always is and my mom isn't one to take shit from stupid bitches so." Cheryl smiled at that and shook her head. "I can't believe she doesn't want to press charges. I mean, Nick deserves to get punished for what he did," Mariah went on. "She probably thinks this whole thing is my fault," Cheryl muttered. "Well it's not. None of what happened to you is your fault," Mariah stated firmly.

The voices downstairs quieted down and the door slammed. The two girls looked at each other before exiting the bedroom and making their way downstairs. "Mom, what happened?" Mariah asked as she looked at the woman who was practically seething with anger. "Penelope won't let Cheryl press charges. She wants things to be handled quietly. Said something about going to people who can do that for her," Amara said.