Everything's Fine

Rhys' P.O.V

Rhys walked into the law firm and stood in front of the receptionist. "Hi. I'm here to see Mr. Baisden," Rhys says. "Take a seat. I'll let him know you're here". Rhys sat in the waiting area and looked around. She was carrying a tote that contained legal documents inside. After a few minutes, Mr. Baisden walked out. "Follow me Ms. Padgett," he said. Rhys stood up from the chair and followed him into his office. He sat down at his desk and Rhys sat in front of him and put the tote in her lap. "Well this process has gone a lot faster than we ever expected it to. Based on your situation it seemed as though he would've put up quite the fight, but he's been very cooperative about this all".

"I have these papers for you," Rhys said as she dug through the tote and pulled out a folder. She put it on the desk and Mr. Baisden looked through it. "Ok, this is just what we needed. We also received the video from the altercation in your home. I doubt he would want this getting out so I would assume that's why he's being so cooperative". When the meeting had ended, Rhys shook his hand and left the office. She walked back onto the street where Ziggy was waiting in her car. "So is it done?" Ziggy asked as Rhys buckled in. "Not yet but I think we're getting close to making it officially done," she said as Ziggy drove off.

She pulled up in front of Butcher Bar on Chestnut Street and the two walked into the restaurant. They were seated outside and looked through the menus. They took turns eating the sloppy Joe poutine that they ordered as a starter. "Is there settlement talk?" Ziggy asked. "Yeah. With the letters and the footage from when he hit me in the kitchen. Also the records I have of him paying for us to go to rehab and school, it paints a bad picture of him. My lawyer thinks they're low balling me right so he's going to see if they'll offer more money".

"Whatever money you get, you don't have to split it with me," she says. "You earned this". Rhys smiled at Ziggy when she put the menu down. "I might throw a few dollars your way. This was a shared pain," she said. "I didn't go through half of what you went through though. He just kept me around because we were a packaged deal at that point". Rhys took a bite of the poutine. "That weirdo didn't groom me like he did you. It's your money for all the suffering he caused, so you keep it". Rhys agreed hesitantly. "But if you ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask".

The waiter comes over and takes their orders. "So how are you and Ben?" Ziggy asks. "Is this necessary right now?" Rhys groans. "I like the guy and just want to know what's up," she grins. "We're fine. We talk as much as we can," Rhys says before she takes a drink of water. "Which means as much as you'll allow?" Ziggy asks. "I'm genuinely busy this time around. This divorce has been very time consuming," she says. "Are you guys at least still banging it out?" Ziggy chuckles. "You're so vulgar!" Rhys laughs. "But no, we haven't had sex since the proceedings started".

"So like, a month and a half?" she asked. Rhys nodded as she ate more of the poutine. "The season starts up soon, you better put it on him before he finds a girl on the road". Rhys continued to eat the poutine. "And so what if he does?" she finally said. Ziggy's eyes widen. "What do you mean 'so what'?", she asked through clenched teeth. "I thought you liked this guy?" she said. Rhys shrugged. "He's nice and the sex is good but I don't know. He told me he loved me and that kind of weirded me out," she admitted. Ziggy turned her face in disgust and then confused understanding.

"So I've been kind of holding back on the sex until I figure out where my head is at. Like, I think I like him," she shrugged. "Okay. That's a start," Ziggy says.

Ben's P.O.V

Ben walked into the practice facility and shortly began getting warmed up for today's scrimmage. Once it was over, he didn't perform quite as well as he had hoped he would. He spent the summer training and practicing his 3-point shot, so he was a little more than disappointed with himself. But he did have something to cheer him up. He and Rhys were doing well, at least from his perspective. She had yet to say anything about her feelings towards him, but he thought he had a good understanding of where she was. One thing that did irk him was their lack of sex. After the incident, she had closed all possibility to it. He didn't mind but he had needs and Rhys was the only girl that satisfied him.