Luke

"So he just dumped you right then and there?" Luke scoffed, widening his eyes in disbelief. His hands were bunched up in fists of frustration as he walked beside me, hiding his anger in the pits of his zip up jacket. He had no comprehension as to why any guy would even have the thought of taking themselves out of my life, he had told me that before from past breakups.

"Yep. Like, sorry I have more self-respect than that, you know? Pisses me off." I said, trying to sound tough, but my chest was aching, and I just wanted to reach my house before I burst into the tears that were already blurring my eyesight. Acting like I didn't care wouldn't make a difference because there was no hiding it; I was broken and I felt mistreated and I felt stupid. After all these pleasant months with a boy that I actually felt I might love, he wanted nothing but sex from me. Each memory we shared was nothing but a simple act to add to his portfolio of lies he kept stored with each girl he used. I wasn't going to lose my virginity to just anyone, it had to be special, and it had to be with someone I knew I'd love forever.

"I told you he wasn't-"

"No 'I told you so's' alright? I've heard that enough and I certainly don't want to hear it from you." I snarled, turning away from him. I didn't bother to hold back the branch for him as I slipped through the trees as a short cut into my yard, not finding it as amusing as I usually did when the leaves snapped back and smacked him in the face.

I heard him mutter a few curses before he caught up to me, grabbing my wrist gently and turning me to face him. "Listen, I know that he meant a lot to you, and I'm sorry. It just kinda of hurts my feelings when-" I stopped in the damp grass and glared up at his tall frame. "Your feelings? What about mine?" Luke rolled his eyes and his eyebrows turned down in annoyance. "Will you just listen to me?" he snapped.

I looked away from him then, down at my fingers that intertwined with each other. I nodded and he mumbled a heartless thank you.

"I've been here for you since, what? You were six years old, Y/N? I've always been your best friend and we promised one another that we would trust each other, before anyone else. I told you to stay away from that prick, and you didn't listen to me. And now you're all mad at me because your heart is broken. Well, if you would have listened to me, it wouldn't be."

I sighed, the sky growing dark as the glow from the sun began to dip behind the horizon; being replaced by stars. I just wanted to be alone, I didn't want to listen to Luke get all sappy with me and pull this 'best friend' shit with me.

"Whatever, okay? Turn this around and make it about you. Just go, I can get home by myself." Luke scoffed then, tearing his gaze away from me and replacing it to the sky, laughing slightly. "Do you hear yourself?"

"I'm not deaf, so yeah. I can hear myself."

Luke let out a frustrated grunt, pulling on the strands of hair that had came lose from his quiff. I bit my tongue, feeling somewhat sick from the way I was treating him. He was trying to be my friend. He walked me home from school, let me hang out at his house all day because he knew I was feeling down. And as he walked me home, I finally told him why I was so sad, and unlike most guys I had talked to, he cared.

"I'm sorry, it's just my virginity is important to me and to have to break up with him because I didn't want to lose it just yet, I-" Luke interrupted me with a nod of understanding. "I get it, I get it. I just don't like seeing you upset." I sighed, letting his arms envelope me into a tight embrace. He rested his chin on my head, kissing my hair once before rubbing his thumb up and down my arms comfortingly. I sighed, too tired and just too bummed out to put much emotion into the hug. I just stood limply as he held me close. "I'll go home if you want. I just figured you'd like a movie buddy or someone to be with while you're home alone." Luke said, looking down at me. I nodded. "You can stay. Only if you carry me inside though."