21. Dresses

Nikol's POV
My eyes fluttered open to the unpleasant bright light shining into my room. I groaned and sat up. I looked over and saw Shelby still passed out next to me. She had stayed over last night to catch up with me. And when she said she had a ton of questions, she did.

I shook Shelby and she just groaned and ignored me. I shook her again and she swatted my hand away. So I stood up and jumped on the bed. She woke up squealing. She then grabbed my leg out from under me causing me to fall back into the bed. The two of us erupted into a fit of laughter.

Finally catching my breath I stood up, "come on, their making breakfast down stairs."

"You Can hear that?" Shelby asked in awe.

"God no," I shook my head. "The house is spelled you can't hear into other rooms. Unless of course your being called by name."

She cocked her head to the side still confused.

I laughed, "I can smell it. You can too, you just have to focus."

"Nikol, I'm a werewolf whose diagnosed with ADHD, focusing is not something I do well," she replied sarcastically.

"The ADHD was just due to the yet-to-be triggered werewolf curse," I walked to the door. "Now, breakfast?"

"Absolutely."

-
In the kitchen, mom, dad, Hope, Henrik and Troy were sitting at the table. While Uncle Nik, Grandpa, and Auntie sat the island, angling then selves toward the table.

Uncle Nik, Troy and Grandpa were reminiscing. Auntie Bexs, Hope and mom chatted a little, while dad got up and started to hand out blood to those who wanted it.

Shelby sat down next to Henrik, who wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close to him, kissing the top of her head. I was happy for Shelby, but pissed that my brother got to flaunt his girlfriend and I could flaunt my boyfriend. If I could even call him that. I mean we slept together. . . A few times. And we said we loved each other. It was fire though, I really do love him. I just feel like a burden for him. I can't ask him to wait one thousand years for me. It's ridiculous to even think that. I looked down at my hands, picking at the skin around my nail beds.

I grabbed a glass of blood and sat down next to Auntie Bexs. I laid my head on her shoulder and drank my blood slowly.

"We'll wear him down eventually. Don't worry," my aunt whispered gingerly in my ear, before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Where's Uncle Elijah and Hayley?" I asked.

Dad chuckled, "they're still up stairs."

"Ew," I shuttered.

"Well," Auntie Bexs cleared her throat before screaming, "Hayley better hurry it up, because we are going shopping!"

I chuckled and sipped my blood.

Hayley vamp sped into the kitchen moments later, rolling her eyes at my aunt.

"Alright, I'm here," she huffed.

"Perfect!" Auntie Bexs exclaimed. "We're going to dress shopping for the ball on Friday."

"Can we have a bonfire after the ball? Please! It is bonfire season after all," I pleaded.

"She's definitely your daughter brother," Uncle Nik laughed. Dad tried to hide the proud smile that was slowly creeping it way into his face.

Troy laughed, "just wait until you see her drink. It's like seeing double."

I rolled my eyes, "that didn't answer my question!"

Dad got up and kissed my head, "of course darling. We'll burn wishes as well." I smiled up at him.