Chapter 13

IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK LIKE FOREVER TO UPLOAD, AND IM SORRY, I'VE BEEN IN A TIFF WITH THIS STORY IM KINDA LOOSING INSPERATION. I WILL BE FINISHING THE STORY DON'T WORRY BUT IT MIGHT TAKE A BUT LONGER. XD IM SORRY LOVE THE COMMENTS THOUGH <3

Cora's POV

My throbbing head is probably what woke me up, I was in a sterilized nurses bed, it was so quiet in here- I don't even think the nurse was in the room- the curtain was around my bed, so I couldn't see that far, but I couldn't hear anything other than the constant ringing in my ears. I finally brought myself to sit up, I groaned at the pain in my left side- I looked down, and, to my surprise, I was in one of Liz or Patti's half sweaters and my stomach was bandaged. The bandage itself was already bloodied. I slowly peeked underneath the wet bandage, some of the dried blood had caused the cloth to cling to the skin around my wound. I diligently peeled it off to see that the wound was about the length of my hand and had been sewed up. Did they cut me open? Was this surgery?! I swear if Dr. Stein dissected me I will kill him! Creepy bastard.

I figured I was in Liz or Patti's clothes because mine had gotten dirty, that brought up a few questions in my mind though. Like What time is it? What day is it? Am I okay? Where is everyone? How long have I been out on this bed? Did we defeat Medusa? Did everyone get out OK? Looking around didn't help much until I pulled the curtain back, then I got a glimpse at the time- but that's it. It was 1:03 in the afternoon. People were probably out at lunch- at least that's what I told myself. I got up out of bed, clenching my side, and wandered about the room. I felt extremely weak, it took almost all of my energy to just get to the window. I saw Maka, with a cast on her arm, Soul, with a heavy bandage on his arm, Spirit had a neck brace on, Miss Marie and Dr. Stein looked normal, their hands were intertwined though, Liz and Patti had a few minor cuts, scrapes and bruises, and Black*Star was laughing at them all down at the basketball court. It looked as if everyone had goten out okay- wait WHERE WAS KID?!

"I see you're up!" Death said, his normal cheery self.

I tried to talk but nothing came out- my throat was too dry. So I nodded and downed a cup of water Lord Death handed me.

"Are you feeling okay? After the sugery we gave you some medicine so you wouldn't be in any pain but that caused you to sleep, a lot."

"Yeah, that's okay," I winced a little at my sore throat.

"Lay down, Cora, you're still weak," Stein said. I glanced out the window, and sure enough, Miss Marie was standing there alone now. I wondered for a second if I had imagined them standing there together. I laid back down and drank another cup of water.

The door swung open and hit the wall with a loud bang. "KID!" Lord Death scolded him, so his face turned a bit red. But Lord Death was a big softy when it came to Kid so he let him off the hook pretty quickly. Kid came racing towards me immediately.

"Oh, sweety," I giggled and put my hand on an eye patch that was covering his right eye. His left eye immediately started to water up. "What happened?" I asked.

"It's just a black eye, it should be better by tonight." Lord Death said.

"Yeah," Kid pouted, "Damn Black*Star, hittin me in the face yesterday!"

"What was yesterday?" I sat up.

"The day after your surgery, or the 3 days after the big Medusa victory." Kid explained.

"We beat Medusa?! Great news!"

"Yeah," Death put one of his real hands on my sholder, "But Clyde, um, didn't."

"Wait so today's date is the 10th, right?" I asked after counting the days on my fingers.

"Um. Yes." Kid answered, confused at what I was getting at, it had nothing to do with Clyde, I didn't really care to be honest. "Why?"

"Because her birthday is the 12th, right?" Stein said in his pervy voice.

"Yes!" I squealed and kicked my legs a little so I looked like a six year old.

"Happiest birthday," Kid said in his oh so very sophisticated voice, then he bowed. I giggled- again.

Stein had to do some doctor things, he took my height, weight, and did that thing where he hits your knee really hard.

"Everything seems normal, but I still advise you keep calm for a few days, alright?" Stein asked me

"Of course,"

"I need to speek to you in the hall, Lord Death, now," Stein said very stern. Stein then proceeded to drag Lord Death into the hallway.

STEINS POV

"Death, Cora's soul is deteriorating faster than I thought it would, she might not even make it to her birthday," I said.

"Oh, dear," Death took off his mask, "How do you suppose we go about telling the academy?"

"LORD DEATH!!!!" Liz ran down the hall waving something in her hand, Patti wasn't far behind her. She skidded on her heels and stopped right before running into Lord Death, Patti then proceeded to knock Liz into Lord Death, causing both of them to tumble onto the ground.

"For deaths sake Liz, what is going on?"

"We found this on the front door after we went home!" Liz said, frantic, "It says it's from Medusa's witch friend Eurica!"

"Thanks Girls, I will look it over, don't worry, just go home," Lord Death showed them out the door. When he came back he opened the letter and read it aloud.

Lord Death,

I am writing to tell you that the magic spell Cora is under is reversible. All you have to do is have Dr. Stein meet me in the desert by the old truck company with Medusa's soul. If you choose to ignore this offer, I will expose that Cora is really a grim reaper, and you know that if anyone figures that out, well, people will be talking about how irresponsible you are for letting two part reapers leave the city. If that happens, without a doubt, you will be overthrown.

-Eurica the frog Witch

OK, OK IK. bUT WHILE YOUR WAITING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER CHECK OUT MY OTHE SOUL EATER STORIES. I HAVE 1 BLACK BIUTLER AND ONE ABOUT AND EMO GIRL WHO FINDS OUT HOW TO LIVE A FUN LIFE IN HER PRISSY TOWN, THIS ONE IS SORTOF AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY. EITHER WAY TILL NEXT TIME <3 <3 <3