𝟽. 𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍

☆ • ☆ • ☆
nine weeks

"audrey seavey?" the nurse called out into the waiting room, audrey's cheeks immediately heating up as anna smirked.

"well, c'mon, seavey," anna whispered, still laughing as the girls stood up.

"hi, audrey!" nurse kennedy said, smiling brightly at the girls. "how are you?"

"i'm good, i'm good," audrey replied, walking into the small room where the nurse took her weight, height, and blood pressure, among other things.

"okay, so you've gained about five pounds so far, have you been exercising, stretching?"

audrey nodded, "yeah, my boyfriend and i, we've been going on walks every night, and my friend and i go to yoga when i'm in new york."

nurse kennedy nodded, "that's good, really good, just make sure you don't overexert yourself, okay? what about food, have the cravings kicked in yet?"

anna tried to bite her laughter, remembering audrey's breakdown a few days ago when daniel forgot to bring home brownie mix from the store.

audrey glared at anna but also smiled, "yeah, they've kicked in."

"make sure you're getting your vegetables and protein correctly, okay? and lots and lots of water."

"okay, yeah, definitely," audrey agreed.

"so, doctor bryce will be here soon, she'll be going over the rest of your pregnancy, and then, we're gonna do the ultrasound, if that's alright."

audrey looked at anna, eyes wide. "um, ultrasound?"

the nurse nodded again, "yeah, you don't have to do it now, but it's usually a good idea to do it in the first trimester around this time."

audrey thought about it for a second, "um, can i text my boyfriend about this? i'm hoping he can be here for it."

"of course, sweetie! just let dr.bryce know your decision, and we can do whatever you want."

anna handed audrey her phone, a big grin on her face. "wow wow wow. we're gonna see the baby!"

audrey unlocked her phone and texted daniel, her thumbs dancing on top of the screen before she started texting.

audrey ♥️
hello my love

daniel 🥰
i was just about
to text you
daniel 🥰
how did the
appointment go?

audrey ♥️
so that's the thing

daniel 🥰
what? rey
what's wrong?
daniel 🥰
are you okay? is
the baby okay?

audrey ♥️
daniel calm down
audrey ♥️
i just need you to be here, the
nurse wants us
to do an ultrasound
audrey ♥️
and i wanted you here

daniel 🥰
oh thank god
daniel 🥰
yeah, i'll make it there,
maybe about thirty minutes?

audrey ♥️
perfect
audrey ♥️
thank you baby

daniel 🥰
anything
for you, my love
daniel 🥰
i'm on my way

audrey ♥️
okay, drive
safe please

"hello, miss audrey," dr.bryce said as she walked into the room.

she was tall, curly brown hair framing her face and a warm motherly smile that made audrey immediately comfortable.

"hi, how are you?"

"i'm good, darling, how are you, how's the baby feeling?"

"fine, and i think the baby's just fine," the girls replied, putting her phone to the side.

"okay, so you're gonna be in new york next week, you have another doctor there, correct?"

"yeah, but i'm pretty sure the majority of my appointments will be with you, i'll be flying in once a month."

"after 36 weeks, sweetie, you can't be flying anymore, you know that, right?" the doctor asked audrey, who shrugged. "yeah, i'll probably be moved here by then."

"okay, okay, and what about that ultrasound, are we considering it today?"

audrey smiled, "yeah, daniel, um, my boyfriend, he'll be here soon, and then we can start?"

"sure, we'll just get you ready now, our technician will be here soon."

the technician walked inside a few minutes later, all smiles as she sat down, audrey laying down on the bed, anna looking on and texting daniel.

"i'm here," daniel voice echoed through the room as he took in the scene, grinning as he met eyes with audrey.

he pressed a kiss against her temple, waving to anna and exchanging greetings with the doctor.

after some small talk, a calm silence fell over the room as the probing and poking started.

audrey's heart picked up a little, nervous about this whole ordeal, but with daniel's hand in hers, she calmed down quickly.

the ultrasound took about fifteen minutes, anna sending smiles to audrey and taking pictures of the couple without them noticing. daniel just played with audrey's hair and tried to help her relax. audrey's eyes just wandered around the room, trying to figure out what was going on down there.

the technician and doctor started cleaning up, small, excited smiles on their faces as dr.bryce played the recording on the overhead television and also brought out pictures she printed out.

audrey sat up slightly, hands still intertwined in daniel's as they waited for the doctor to speak.

"so, if you look over here," the doctor said, pointing to the screen, we can see the baby, i would say you're at about nine weeks, congratulations."

daniel pressed a kiss against audrey's cheek, a wide grin on his face.

"however..." the doctor continued, moving her finger to point more towards the left of the screen, "you can see that there's another one right there."

it was silent for a long moment.

"you're having twins."