𝟷𝟼. 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚒𝚎

☆ • ☆ • ☆
(thank u to @-oceanseavey for reading my mind and coming up with the nickname "brownie" i love you)

the family was finally home.

it had been four days since audrey had given birth, and she had been released from the hospital a few hours ago.

daniel and audrey had just put the twins to sleep, daniel hovering over julia while audrey tended to hayden.

"look at my brownie," daniel cooed softly as his finger smoothed down julia's short, dark brown hair.

audrey looked over, a light laugh escaping her lips. "brownie?"

daniel grinned, "well, her mom's addicted to brownies, and look at how brown her hair is. it's the perfect nickname, babe."

audrey shook her head, still laughing. "whatever you say."

audrey set the speaker in the room to quietly play the acoustic versions of why don't we songs before she and daniel left the room, turning the lights off in the nursery.

"did you set the baby monitor?" she asked daniel as she walked into the kitchen, getting a glass of water.

daniel was on the couch, watching a football game on the tv. "yes, love, and i made sure the fan was running too."

audrey sighed, sitting next to daniel, her head in the crook of his shoulder. "thank you."

"i love you, rey."

"love you more, dani, now, let's go to bed, please?"

daniel smirked, quickly getting up and sliding his hands under audrey's back and legs, carrying her bridal style as they headed to their bedroom.

audrey looked at her boyfriend with wide eyes. "what was that for?" she asked as he set her down gently on the bed.

"i didn't want you to walk so i carried you, duh," daniel replied, taking his shirt off and tossing it to audrey. "wear it, please."

it wasn't like audrey was going to resist, and she quickly changed, daniel pressing a kiss against her lips as they slowly got into bed.

"how're you feeling, love?" daniel mumbled softly, "everything okay?"

audrey nodded, a yawn leaving her lips. "i'm okay, dani. what about you?"

"i'm all good, love, only because you're here with me," he replied, pecking audrey's cheek.

"smooth, seavey, real smooth," audrey muttered back, snuggling into daniel's arms. "goodnight."

"sweet dreams, rey."

the cries and whimpers of the babies woke audrey up abruptly, as she slowly got up and headed to the nursery.

she held julia in one hand and picked up hayden in the other, rocking them back and forth gently as she walked back to the bedroom.

daniel was awake, tired eyes looking at audrey and the babies in her hands. he reached out a grabbed hayden, laying him against his bare chest, as audrey pulled julia closer to her.

daniel relaxed against his pillows, an arm holding hayden securely, audrey doing the same with julia.

"oh good, they're going back to sleep," audrey whispered, a small smile on her face as she watched julia's eyes flutter closed. "what time is it?"

"three a.m.," daniel replied, yawning. "you need anything, rey?"

audrey shook her head. "i'm just gonna sleep, goodnight, bub."

daniel pulled audrey's free hand to his lips, kissing it softly. "goodnight, love."

daniel shifted awake, his eyes opening to see a sleeping baby still lying on his chest.

quietly, he picked hayden up, wrapping him in a blanket and holding him in his arms and he got out of bed.

audrey and julia were fast asleep, the small baby resting to the right side of audrey, both of them swaddled in blankets.

hayden stirred awake, and his dad braced himself for the crying, but it never came. instead, his big blue eyes looked up at daniel, almost curiously.

daniel kissed the top of the boy's head, walking out of the room and to the kitchen, using his free hand to grab some milk for hayden.

hayden was sucking on the bottle, daniel holding it up for him, when footsteps echoed across the hallway, audrey's tired but smiling face peeking into the living room, where the boys were sitting.

"good morning," she said, walking in and kneeling beside daniel and hayden, kissing the baby and then daniel. "julia's still asleep."

audrey stood up, heading to the kitchen and grabbing some slices of garlic toast to put in the oven.

after setting the timer for ten minutes, she grabbed her phone, taking a quick picture of daniel and hayden and sending it to keri and jeff.

she was about to put the device away when an incoming facetime call showed on her phone. she pressed the green button.

"hey, babes, how's your vagina?"

audrey laughed as she saw christina's smirk on the screen. "my vagina's fine, tina."

"good to know, hope you and daniel have fun-"

"no, no, no," audrey interrupted her. "shut up."

christina chuckled, setting the phone on her desk as she walked around the room. "so i'm flying over there tonight," she said nonchalantly. "hope you're okay with that."

audrey almost screamed, but kept it in, a big grin on her face. "oh my god! are you really? don't you have tests and sh-stuff?"

christina huffed. "i have an excuse to not be there, my best friend just had not one, but two babies. now, be ready, i'll be there tomorrow morning, bright and early."

• ☆ •
she speaks !

1) midterms need to NOT exist thank you very much

2) i hate my writing oops

3) i need a boyfriend preferably the cute one in my chem class

4) i love u and i'm sorry for not updating

-n
☆ • ☆ • ☆