𝟹𝟷. 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚏𝚝𝚘𝚙

☆ • ☆ • ☆
present day

"holy shit," tony breathed, leaning back in his chair.

jack nodded, "yeah, the whole thing's crazy. we never thought they would actually break up."

and the month after that, they didn't even talk to each other. and then daniel called up and said he wanted to help with the kids and take care of them, so they worked it out, and now they're just two people taking care of their kids."

jonah continued, "and everything was fine, until you came along."

tony cringed. "i don't think this is all my fault."

"he was gonna ask her out again today," gabbie said quietly. "we didn't expect you to be there."

tony looked at the girl, eyes wide. "oh my god."

"yeah, oh my god," kay mocked, rolling her eyes. "just...be nice to her, okay? take her on nice dates, and no sex until you're married."

tony turned to the blonde, confused. "who said we were dating? audrey and i aren't dating, we're just friends. for now, at least."

"well, do you like her?" jonah asked, wrapping an arm around tate and bringing her close.

"yeah. i think i do. but she wants to take it slow and i don't blame her for it."

"fine. just don't go all psycho ex-boyfriend if she rejects you. we don't need another julian problem," christina said.

"who's julian?" tony asked.

everyone groaned. "long story, he's a bad guy, just don't be like him," gabbie replies, shaking her head. anyways, there's twenty minutes until midnight, let's go to the roof. tina, text audrey and tell her to meet us there."

daniel was standing on the roof, had been standing there for the past hour.

after he stormed out of the apartment, he didn't know where to go, so he just climbed the stairs, walking to the moonlit rooftop.

it was silent, and no one else was there, and it was the perfect place for daniel to think.

he heard footsteps but didn't think much of it until he heard audrey clear her throat.

he turned, looking at her, while she just stared out into the city skyline.

"i'm sorry," he whispered, "i'm so fucking sorry. i always mess everything up."

audrey met eyes with daniel, a sad smile on her lips. "we all say stuff we don't mean."

"where's everyone else?" he asked, running a hand through his hair. "midnight's in twenty minutes."

"they should be on the way, they were all talking to tony about us, and didn't even notice i walked past them."

"of course they didn't. we're the most interesting thing happening in their lives, aren't we?" he asked, letting out a dry laugh. "i ruined this entire fucking new year."