𝟸𝟽. 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛'𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎

☆ • ☆ • ☆
new year's eve

"okay, i got you some flowers to give audrey," tate said, handing the bouquet over to daniel, who took it wordlessly.

tate sighed. "listen, daniel, please. it's a new year, right? please, please try to forgive me. please."

daniel looked at her, eyes dull before nodding once. "i'll try."

tate nodded. "thank you."

daniel walked away, placing the flowers down on the counter.

"dada, is momma coming here today?" hayden asked, walking over to daniel. "i miss her."

daniel smiled, crouching down to hayden's height. "yeah, hay, she's on her way, okay?"

hayden clapped his hands together, running over to julia and telling her that their mom was almost here.

julia and lavender were playing kitchen, handing everyone plates of the food they had cooked up with their toys.

"wow, this invisible chicken is so good!" zach said to lavender who replied with a "thanks, uncle zachy."

zach smiled as he watched lavender skip away to her mom.

"yo, guys, she texted me, she's on her way up," daniel said, fixing his shirt. "is my hair okay?"

corbyn nodded, ruffling up the brunette's hair a little bit more. "now it's perfect."

"go get your girl, daniel," kay said, giving him a smile of encouragement.

the doorbell rang, zach's parents going to open it.

"oh my god, don't forget the sunflowers!" tate said, pressing the bouquet into daniel's hand. "good luck."

"you okay, rey?" tony asked, looking at the girl who was driving to zach's place.

"yeah, fine, t," audrey said. "just...just a little nervous."

tony moved his hand to audrey's thigh, looking at her eyes. "i'm here for you, okay? everything's gonna be fine."

"thanks, t."

he smiled, turning the radio on in the car.

"and now we have a throwback christmas song, 'with you this christmas' by why don't we!" the radio host said, the beginning notes of the song starting to play.

audrey turned the radio off, shooting tony an apologetic glance. "sorry, i can't drive with music playing."

tony nodded, "it's okay."

the rest of the drive was spent in silence.

audrey parked the car, turning to tony, chewing the inside of her cheek. "tony?"

he looked at her, replying, "audrey?"

"what are we?"