𝟷𝟻. 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚎

☆ • ☆ • ☆
thirty six weeks
(this chapter is dedicated to -SU NSHINEBESSON and tasteofurlips
thank you for always being there for me.)

(also i haven't given birth before so idk if this is COMPLETELY ACCURATE but i TRIED OKAY PLS DON'T HATE ME)

audrey's water had broke on the way to the, and her hand was currently squeezing daniel's hand hard, but he didn't complain.

"holy shit," audrey groaned, "i feel like my vagina's being split open."

daniel hid his laugh in audrey's hair by giving her a kiss on the top of her head. "it's okay, love," he mumbled, as they boarded the elevator. "it's all gonna be fine."

a half hour later, audrey was changed into her hospital gown, while gabbie called everyone, starting with the why don't we boys.

"okay, anna and mom are on their way, like five minutes away."

"the boys are twenty minutes away, they're trying to wake zach up," gabbie said, rocking a sleeping lavender in her arms.

daniel let out a chuckle, and audrey grinned, her eyes closed.

a nurse walked into the room, making sure all the monitors were set correctly and sending small smiles of support to the three (awake) humans in the room.

"the doctor will be here in a few minutes," the nurse said. "how are you feeling, hon?"

audrey shrugged, "it just hurts."

the older woman gave her a sympathetic smile, "i know, honey, and i'm sorry we can't give you the epidural, but it's too late for that, especially since your water already broke."

audrey shrugged again, "it's fine, i just want the twins out now."

"and we're definitely gonna make that happen," dr.bryce said as she walked into the room, a big smile on her face. "i'm just gonna check you now, okay?"

audrey nodded, turned onto her back as she as she stared at daniel, trying to ignore everything else around her.

a few minutes later, the doctor spoke up, "you're at 7 centimeters, we just need you a little more dilated so you can start pushing."

audrey nodded, her contractions picking up again as she tried to steady her breathing.

"you got this, my love, it's all good," daniel whispered, pressing his lips against audrey's cheek. "everything's gonna be fine."

"it hurts," audrey muttered back, "fuck, it hurts."

daniel watched her, forehead creased with worry. he hated this, hated knowing that she was in pain and he couldn't do anything to stop it, hated that she had to do all of this herself.

"i love you," he said, his hand brushing audrey's hair back soothingly. "so fucking much."