𝟿. 𝚕𝚒𝚕' 𝚋𝚞𝚖𝚙

☆ • ☆ • ☆
thirteen weeks

"do i look bad?" audrey asked christina, rubbing her stomach softly as she stood in front of the mirror, in a sports bra and leggings. "i feel really weird today."

christina sighed. "babes, you look wonderful, look at your cute lil' bump," she said, pulling audrey into a hug. "what's wrong?"

"i'm just stressed and tired, and we have class," audrey said, massaging her temples. "and my head hurts like a bit-like a lot."

christina stifled a laugh, and said, "the baby can't hear you yet, you know? only at 18 weeks."

"i don't care, tina," audrey said. "no cussing."

christina rolled her eyes, letting out a chuckle. "fine."

"i want some chocolate," audrey said. "where's the fu-the dang chocolate?" she said, looking through her pantry.

christina reached past her, grabbing the bar of chocolate off the shelf and handing it to her. "rey, why don't you stay at home today? i know you're not feeling well."

"i can't, tina," audrey said, as the two sat down. "i already stayed home last class because i was sick, i just have to tough it out and go."

"what about," christina said, an idea striking her. "i go, you stay here, and i put you on facetime?"

audrey pondered it for a second. "actually, yeah. why not?"

christina grinned, standing up. "well, then i gotta go, i'll call you, okay?" she asked, heading to the door. "i love you!" she said before walking out.

audrey halfheartly waved, closing her eyes as she felt a wave of dizziness overcome her.

her fingers grabbed her phone, pressing the right contact.

"hey, rey, what's up?" gabbie asked, her voice soft. "i just put lav to sleep."

audrey grinned. "hey, gabs. i'm just feeling sick and i just wanted to talk, sorry if i'm bothering you."

gabbie laughed. "you're never a bother, hon, i'm always here for you. and if you're sick, do this thing called peppermint aromatherapy, it works perfect for the nausea."

audrey nodded, humming a "thank you," into the phone. "how's everyone there?"

"anna's super excited for you to move, keri's looking at nursery ideas, apparently daniel told her to look at some designs, and i bought you some clothes for the twins, they're personalized," gabbie said, "we're all so ready for you to come here."

audrey giggled, "three more weeks, i'll be there, and we can start the actual moving," she replied. "i'm honestly kinda excited."

"trust me, we're way more excited," gabbie said, "and lav's gonna have two friends to play with!"

audrey laughed, getting up and grabbing a glass of water. "i need to start packing, hopefully by next week."

gabbie squealed quietly, "yes yes yes! i'm so happy you're moving here, hon."

"yeah, me too, gabs. okay, i'm gonna find that peppermint thing you told me about and i'll call you back later, okay? i think christina's texting me about class."

after a quick goodbye, the girls hung up, audrey replying back to christina.

all of a sudden, the doorbbell rang, and audrey walked to it, confused why christina would be here if she had said she was on her way to class.

audrey opened the door slightly, her eyes widening as she saw the familiar figure in front of her.

"adam? what are you doing here?"

the brother and sister were sitting on the couch, sipping on lemonade and eating leftover cookies audrey had.

adam's hair was now purple, and he leaned back on the sofa, staring at his sister with careful eyes, his eyes lingering on her stomach.

"you don't look pregnant," he commented, swallowing a bite of cookie.

audrey rolled her eyes. "okay, and?"

"nothing, nothing, i'm just saying, it's just a lil' bump, it doesn't even look like there's one in there, much less two babies."

audrey sighed, desperate to change the topic. "how was europe?" she asked the boy, who sat up a little taller, his eyes bright.

"oh my god, it was so good!" he started, beginning to talk about his travels in the past few weeks.

his stories were hilariously funny, both of the siblings laughing until they couldn't breathe.

"i missed you, though," adam said after the calmed down. "and once you told me you were having twins, i knew i had to come down here and say hi."

audrey smiled, kissing adam's cheek. "thanks, adam."

adam smiled. "so, moving to california? with your boyfriend?" he asked, smiling. "are you excited?"

audrey nodded, "yeah, i wish i could stay here for a little longer, but they said i could transfer to online college, so i'll be all good."

"i'm proud of you, sis."

audrey grinned. "how long are you gonna be here?"

"just today, i'm actually meeting some friends this evening and i'm going to florida for a few days."

audrey pouted. "i was hoping we could go to dinner," she said. "but that's okay, maybe next time."

they both got up, heading towards the front door.

audrey wrapped her arms around her brother, him squeezing her gently.

"text me, okay?" audrey said, as she watched him walk down the hall.

adam just nodded with a smile and walked off.