𝟸𝟿. 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠

☆ • ☆ • ☆
about a year ago

"god! daniel, you're so fucking annoying!" audrey yelled, moving past her husband to the closet. "just shut up, okay?"

daniel rolled his eyes, annoyance radiating off of him. "you want me to shut the fuck up? it's not like you ever let me talk in the first place."

audrey just huffed, pulling out a skin tight red dress to wear to the event her and daniel were going to.

"i can't believe i have to come to this shit with you and act like i'm not mad at you," audrey muttered, but daniel heard her clearly.

"it's not just shit, audrey! it's an awards show, and we were nominated for three awards. at least try to be happy for me."

"i am happy for you, daniel!" audrey replied, walking into the bathroom and slamming the door shut. "it's just hard when you're always gone and i'm stuck with the twins at home when i should be going to work. you come home late, leave early in the morning, and you never spend time with us! it's just too much."

daniel sighed, walking over to the closed bathroom door and knocking twice. "can you please open it? i'm sorry, okay? i know it's hard having to manage the kids alone, but it's just work, okay?"

audrey opened the door, changed into the red dress, her hair pulled into a braid. "it's just work, daniel? then why did you come home drunk yesterday, at three a.m.?"

she put her heels on and hooked the pearl necklace daniel had given her around her neck. "i'm not an idiot, daniel."

she walked out, taking her phone out to facetime the twins, who were at christina's house.

"hello, my loves! oh, that's a beautiful drawing, julia. no, hayden, don't put that in your mouth please."

"he's being a dick," audrey whispered once the kids gave the phone back to christina. "and i can't fucking stand him."

christina sighed, "just deal with it for now, and then you guys can talk when he comes back home. just pretend that everything's okay."

"isn't that what i always do?" audrey muttered, before saying goodbye and hanging up. "daniel? are you ready?"

he walked out, dressed in a suit and a tie that matched the color of audrey's dress.

"audrey, i don't know why you think-"

audrey shook her head. "i don't want to talk about that now, let's just go to the show."

daniel stood there, and audrey walked up to him, grabbing his arm and putting it around her waist. "let's go, mr. seavey, you and your band have some awards to collect."

daniel managed a smile, the two walking out of the house and into the limo waiting for them.

the flashes of photographers and paparazzi blinding the couple as they stepped out of the vehicle, daniel holding audrey's hand as they walked to the red carpet.

"mr. and mrs. seavey, is it true you guys are getting a divorce!" a man yelled, many others asking the same types of questions.

daniel and audrey ignored them all, walking past them and into the building, meeting tate, jonah, corbyn, zach, and jack.

audrey stepped away from daniel as soon as they were out of sight from the cameras and stood next to tate, greeting her with a hug.

"where's kay? did she stay with christina instead?" daniel asked zach, who nodded in response.

"hi, may i assist you to your seats?" the usher asked.

everyone nodded, following the man to their seats.

audrey was sitting in between tate and daniel, but turned to face tate instead of her husband. daniel ran a hand through his hair and focused on his conversation with corbyn and jack.

an announcement played through the speakers, asking everyone to sit down as the show began.

there was a short break, and audrey and tate walked to the bathroom together, both talking to each other about their plans for next week, when they would all be snowboarding with the boys in aspen.

"are you and daniel okay?" tate asked, as they waited in line to use the bathroom. "you both haven't spoken a word to each other since you got here."

"he's being a dick", audrey huffed. "and i don't want to talk to him."

tate let out a light laugh. "okay, rey. whatever. i don't need to pee, i'll go get us drinks if you're okay here?"

audrey nodded. "oh, sure, that's fine. i'll see you at the bar then."

audrey walked back to the table after fixing up her makeup and peeing, grabbing the drink tate had set on the table.

"audrey, come here," tate said, grabbing her hand, the vodka spilling on the table. "i need to talk to you."

they rushed out of the room, audrey asking her what was going on, but tate didn't answer, just walked through the crowds of people.

"tate! hey, calm down, babes, what's going on?"

"shut up and walk, audrey!" she replied, pulling her to a quiet corner of the building before turning and looking at her.

"just-just listen to me, okay?" the tall blonde panted, trying to catch her breath.

audrey looked at her, eyes wide. "are you pregnant?"

tate rolled her eyes, glaring at audrey. "no, i'm not pregnant! and if i was, i would've told you somewhere else, not here!"

"oh, yeah, you're right, so what's wrong?"

tate grabbed both of audrey's hands with hers, looking into her eyes.

"i saw daniel kiss another girl."

• ☆ •
she speaks !

1) the amount of times i had to rewrite this chapter bc I HATED IT

2) anyways part two of the flashback will be out either tmrw or the next decade (haha wow i'm so funny)

3) most of you probably hate me right now, but i love you!

-n
☆ • ☆ • ☆