12

LUCIENS POV:

The weekend went off great, Cami was happy, and so excited for next weekends, the moms and Jackie had formed sort of a plan when the girls were picked up that they would have a routine. Each mom will take a weekend.

I was enjoying a side of Jackie, one that I didn't think I could ever imagine her being. She was so good with my daughter, she played with her, taught her new things, taught her how to match and dress.

Honestly, I didn't see a problem with long socks and a skirt, it wasn't until the night of that I asked, and she said that while it didn't fit, it also gave bed men the idea of little girls in uniform. I almost slammed my fist through a wall.

"Besides, when she gets older she can dress like that when she likes a boy her age-"

She had tried to calm me down but all it did was make me wanna put my daughter in a catholic school, with no boys. Ever.

I seethed and had trouble going to sleep until she reminded me how far off Cami was from finding any boy cute or attractive.

Still gave me a sour stomach the next day.

I brought it up to Razor too, and he told me when she gets to that point, he gets to pick her up at school occasionally. That way any boy who was brave enough would at least have big balls.

I damn there knocked his teeth in when he started laughing.

Now it was Wednesday, I had a couple cars lined up for tires, and oil, and one that I had to figure out which part in the engine was making the engine light come on. It was a full day and I would probably have to bring Cami back with me and let Jackie stay open later than she has in a while.

I was halfway through adding new oil into a BMW when someone shouted for me.

"I'm busy!" I shouted back and tried not to focus on what someone was saying. Then I heard Cami's name. "Alright." I shouted back and set the oil down before going for a rag.

I wiped my hands as I walked to the front desk and nodded to Todd who was trying to get the hang of the receptionist job. "They said it was your daughter Cami's school." He told me and I nodded and picked up the phone.

"This is Lucien." I answered and moved to listen carefully. Hoping more than anything Cami hadn't gotten hurt.

"Hello, this is Cami's teacher Noelle Rolland. I am calling to tell you she has gotten into trouble. She and another kid got into a fight and we are sure the other girls' nose is broken. The principal had decided to suspend her for the rest of the week-"

"I can't take that much time off-"

"I'm sorry Mr. Daniels. The other parents insisted over the phone. I don't know if you could come right away, but the other parents seem very livid and I am a little worried something might be done-"

"I am about 45 minutes away..." I tried to think of something before Jackies face just popped into my head. "My girlfriend, she lives with me and Cami. Can she come and get her? She is really close by."

"I think that would be okay, we will need to check her ID and have her full name from you." I heard Ms. Rolland scramble on the other end as I gave her Jackie's full name. "I will have to call her and tell her to head there, she owns the café up the street so she will be there really quick."

What the fuck.

Cami had never hit another person. Ever.

Why now?

I closed my eyes before dialing the café and I wondered what would happen now.

JACKIE'S POV