18. | FINAL WORDS

Honorary Fledglings,

We have come to the end of the very first ever Pink Dandelion Quarterly Pumpkin Spice Issue, Fall 2019. 

First, we would like to THANK YOU for following this issue to the very end.  A lot of work, thought and heart was put into this project and we are all very proud to have been able to share it with you!

We hope you enjoyed the snippets of women stories written by women for women. And that you enjoyed reading about strong, feisty, and wonderful women, plus getting to learn more about the Chick Lit genre.

In the last decades there has been a lot of talk about women and their rights--their voices wanting to be heard. The world has come a long way since the sixties or even before that; brave women opening doors to the coming generations. However, the voices of many women are still being silenced, ignored and disempowered. Through literature we can bring those voices to be heard, talk about injustices, and make awareness of women from all around the world and their struggles, whether be in a lighthearted, comedic or serious way. 

Chick Lit is another tool by which women can be heard and we should embrace it.

On behalf of the Nestlings we encourage all of you women who love to read and write about women to keep doing what you do! You are educating and promoting womanhood in a wonderful and artistic way.

We hope to have you with us for the next winter issue! And if you would like to read heroine centered stories in the meantime, we invite you to check out the ChickLit_Nest reading lists.

Sincerely, Chicklit_Nest

"We need women at ALL levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women's voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored

"We need women at ALL levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women's voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored."

- Sheryl Sandberg