#2

I won't lie, I cried writing this.

• Chapter 2 •

"Hey, are you okay?" Startled, I dropped my shirt and turned around to face my sister. She held a mug of hot chocolate in each hand, placing both onto the nearest table before she rushed towards me. Her string like arms went around my form, pulling me closer to her as she whispered in my ear, "It's over. You're safe, An. He can't get to you, he can't hurt you anymore" Her assuring tone sprung tears at the edges of my eyes and I wrapped my arms around her, tightening my hold as I broke down into shaking sobs. "I know, but this is always going to remind me" I spoke, referring to the scar and Tash rubbed her hand up and down my back in a soothing manner.

"Remember how when we were kids and I'd fall over on my bike, I would cry because I got scratched on the gravel?" She said and I nodded "You used to tell me it was my battle scar, that no matter how much I endured, it was proof that I came out stronger on the other end." Tash pulled away from me, holding my hands in hers as she looked at me intently, I sniffled in response "This is your battle scar, An. You fought your way out and now you're so much more stronger." She squeezed my hands and I nodded in agreement "It's my battle scar" She passed me a small smile.

"Come on, let's get you to bed. Harry said you took your medication so he left the responsibility of making sure you get enough rest to me" I let out a small laugh at that. I drank a little of the hot chocolate Tash made and got under the covers, holding it tightly around me as Tash sat next to me until I fell asleep. I winced feeling the needle pierce my skin, knowing she injected me with the prescribed serum to help me sleep. Ever since the incident, I hadn't had a wink of sleep, even though it happened 2 months ago. I'd wake up in the middle of the night, out of shock and fear, I'd pace the room after pushing Harry's arm off me, almost as if scorned by his touch.

The pain in his eyes when I refused his advancement of affection was etched in my mind. After that, Harry asked everytime he would want to near me or touch me, if my answer was no, he'd back off otherwise he'd hold me so tight, I could feel myself crumble in his embrace - that was only once. I didn't mean to hurt him, Harry understood what I was going through, he never left my side and somehow I found comfort in that instead of feeling suffocated. Seeing that I needed help, I was introduced to a therapist who in turn helped me with the trauma I was going through. I wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms, willingly, around Harry - to find solace in our little bubble but that little bubble has a small hole through which all the air is escaping.

I've spent multiple nights awake, staring between the man sleeping beside me and the closet where all my clothes and luggage stay. I've fought every urge in me to just leave in the middle of the night, with no explanation, because I couldn't let Harry live with someone who had been raped, a person who was defiled by a cynically psychotic man. I couldn't let him go through something he had no control over, something I had no control over. The serum started to take effect and I could feel my limbs relax as I fell into deep slumber, the bed shifted beside me and I could tell that Tash stood up to leave, the door clicking closed behind her.

The sensation of someone caressing my head jolted me awake, I shoved their hand away and sprund towards the headboard. "Hey, hey. It's okay, it's only me. You're fine, you're safe" Harry spoke, his eyes were shocked but his posture was relaxed. I breathed in relief, placing a hand to my chest which heaved in fright, "What time is it?" I croaked, immediately embarrassed by how scratchy my voice sounded "Nearly dinner time" Harry answered, his hands rested on his lap, away from me. "How come you're back early? Didn't you have another meeting?" He waved his hand and I folded my legs underneath me "Gemma said she could handle it so I came back plus I really wanted to see you" You also wanted to make sure I didn't try to run away again, I added in my mind and sighed.

I smiled a little, "Well I did miss you a lot in the last three days" I spoke truthfully. Harry had a business meeting with one of his partners in LA, they're in talks of opening another branch of Styles Inc there. Gemma and Shawn are moving to LA once the baby is born and I somehow have a feeling that Harry wants to leave London as well, he hasn't mentioned it but I can sense it. "I missed you too, it's now a proven fact that I can't stay more than a day without you" He chuckled and I joined in, Harry's fingers twitched on his lap and I knew what he wanted. With a slight hesitancy, I reached forward and took his hand in mine, lacing our fingers together and the relief that washed over Harry's face, sprung tears to my eyes but I blinked them away.

"I miss holding you" Harry said after a few minutes of silence, his eyes were focused on our joined hands and I sniffled "I'm sorry" I apologized "You have nothing to be sorry about, Anna. None of this is your fault" He said in an assuring tone, his angry green eyes welled up and I felt my chest tighten "But you shouldn't have to live like this. You shouldn't have to deal with all of this" He squeezed my hand in response "I'd rather deal with this than live without you, I can't imagine a life without you in it anymore. Even if I do, all I see is emptiness" Tears streamed down my cheeks as a sob left my lips, I had the urge to crawl onto his lap and hug him close but I just couldn't.

My body isn't ready for that kind of intimacy as yet, even if I want it. "Anna, you're going to be fine. Cole and Matt are in jail, a place where they belong. They're never going to get to you, I promise you that" Harry continued and I silently cried, I watched him blink away the tears from his eyes before he stood up, tugging onto my hand a little. "Where are you going?" He passed me a small smile "I'm going to shower and then we're gonna head downstairs for dinner" He squeezed my hand one last time before he disappeared behind the bathroom door. I clasped my hand on my lap, waiting for him on the bed as I watched the bathroom door, hearing the shower water run.

Soo? What did you think?

As I said, I cried because imagining it while typing it out, hurt.

Thank you for all the support you've given this book so far, I love you guys xx