#16

I've been the worst person lately, I'm so so sorry for not updating, I really wasn't in the mood to write anything.

• Chapter 16 •

"Can you think of anyone that would do this? Any work rivals?" The inspector questioned, ready to take down any notes from what we say "Not that I can think of, everything has been smooth sailing ever since we moved here" Harry answered, I fidgeted with my fingers as my mind took me back to the day I walked into my vandalized apartment. I glanced around the living room, taking in the shattered windows which left shards of glass on the floorboards, the huge gash in the middle of the TV screen and the torn material on the couches. The dining room was a mess with the legs of the table being broken as well as the chairs. Electrical appliances were thrown onto the floor of the kitchen and the drawers were pulled out leaving the utensils to be splayed everywhere.

We haven't gone upstairs as yet, I can only imagine what our rooms would be like. "Anna!" The sound of Gemma's voice broke me out of my reverie, I failed to notice Harry leaving my side as he walked off into the kitchen with the police officials "Gem! Hey" I stood up and she walked towards me, her arms immediately going around my shoulders "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Is Harry okay?" She asked and I shook my head "I'm fine, we both are. Where's Noah?" She pulled away "He's with Shawn. I didn't want to bring him over while the house looks like this" I nodded "I forgot he was with you guys and I panicked when we got home to find him not here" I exhaled deeply and she squeezed my hand "It's okay, I would have been the same. What did the officials say?" I sighed and glanced at Harry, seeing him walk towards us, Gemma engulfed her brother into a hug.

"They're going to look into it, surveillance cameras should have caught something but most of them look damaged" He said, pointing up to the security cameras, once Gemma let go of him. "You guys are staying over at ours tonight, I don't want you being here when you're still in harm's way" Gemma added and Harry sighed "Do you think this is related to the vandalism of Anna's apartment in London?" Harry's eyes widened in realization of Gemma's words "I didn't think of that but I'm hoping it's not connected, for everyone's sake" He replied and I shuffled from foot to foot out of nervousness, I couldn't help but think that they are connected. There's someone out to get us and I have a feeling that it's no one but Harry's ex, Mia.

"Mumma!" Noah exclaimed once Harry and I stepped through the front door of Gemma's and Shawn's house. Rose was in Shawn's arms as he ran behind Noah, "Careful, handsome" I gathered him into my arms when he reached the last step "Hey, thanks for letting us stay the night" Harry spoke to Shawn "We're family, Harry. There's nothing to thank for" Shawn smiled and bounced a crabby 5 month old, "Rosey, not Daddy's hair, please" Shawn whined when Rose reached her chubby hands up to his hair causing us to share a laugh "Seems like she got that trait from me" Gemma giggled from behind us "I don't need to know about your sex life right now, Gem" Harry said and looped his arm around my waist "Oh, shut up" She whacked his chest.

The four of us with the two babies, walked into the kitchen, where I helped Gemma in preparing dinner after a lot of fussing, mostly from her side. "Wait, that Mia is back?" Shawn asked with widened eyes as we now sat in the living room, dessert bowls littered the ottoman along with a few of Rose's stuffed animals "Yeah, I really don't know how she managed to escape" Harry answered "What if she had an accomplice? Like someone we know otherwise how else would she find out where you are." Harry pinched his bottom lip, his left hand clenched and unclenched around mine "There's a possibility of that considering she escaped nearly two years ago but I doubt it would be someone we know because in those two years, Mia could have made a lot of friends to help her track me down"

"She's just a psychotic bitch that needs to be thrown in yet another asylum" Gemma scoffed and Shawn rolled his eyes with a laugh at his fiancée "Mind her, it's the hormones that are messing with her brain" He added and we chuckled in chorus "That's mean" Gemma pouted and I sighed deeply, leaning my head on Harry's shoulder as we watched the couple banter before us - something refreshing from walking into a literal broken home. "Rose is already asleep, it's time for bed for you too, babe" Shawn said and threw Gemma over his shoulder before she could retaliate "Goodnight, guys" We wished them goodnight and Harry turned to me "Want me to carry you too?" I chuckled and shook my head "No, but you can have a shower with me" I pecked his lips and stood up, walking upstairs as Harry followed behind me.

"Do you think it could actually be her?" I leaned my head back onto Harry's shoulder "I don't know what to think, I'm still trying to figure out how to keep you and Noah safe. Clearly, the increased security around the house didn't benefit as I thought it would" He said while playing with my hands, the hot water cascaded in between our bodies. "Okay, what if it turns out to be her?" I turned around and looked up at him "Then I'd work with the officials and see if they can find her so I can put her into another asylum, a place she's meant to be in" I nodded slowly and we got out of the shower thereafter, drying off then changing and getting into bed. I cuddled up to Harry's chest, his arms tightened around me as we fell asleep. Halfway through the night, I felt the bed dip while the covers were pulled away. "Hey, handsome" I greeted sleepily when I opened my eyes to see Noah crawling in between Harry and I. He didn't say anything except for snuggling up on Harry's chest - his favorite spot, I smiled and wrapped my arm around them before falling asleep again.

"Morning, Anna. How'd you sleep?" Shawn said as I walked into the kitchen the next morning "Morning. Stressfully, I couldn't stop thinking about the house" I smiled in greeting then poured myself a cup of coffee "It'll be okay, I've already asked a few of my friends at the LAPD to help you and Harry, they'll get in touch by the end of the day" I nodded "Thank you, Shawn" He smiled and the microwave beeped "It's no problem" Gemma kissed Shawn when she walked in along with Harry, he stood next to me and made himself a cup of tea. "Alright, Rosey, time for some yum-yum" Shawn said, holding a plastic bowl with mashed up food and I smiled at how their mornings played out, similar to how Harry and I do things except that Rose is a very fussy eater. "Can I try?" I tapped Shawn's shoulder as he wiped off the food that Rose painted his cheek with.

"Sure" He nodded and Gemma chuckled, "Good luck, it's a mission trying to feed her in the mornings" Shawn placed Rose into my arms and handed me the bowl "She's just like Gemma, not a morning person at all" Shawn added with a laugh while Harry had walked out with his phone attached to his ear. This seemed normal, I liked that. "I might have to ask Harry if you could stay here forever" I laughed "Just so I could feed Rose every morning" I made a funny face at the happy baby in my arms as she ate her food without any mischief "No, you're not stealing my fiancée away from me anymore. It's bad enough that you come home every day" Gemma gasped and lunged at her brother causing Shawn and I to laugh. This is normal.

ew. this was horrible. also just a reminder that updates are going to be slow for a while, I've been dealing with a lot and my mind is in this jumble so I don't want to write chapters that have no essence. I just need you to not lose faith in my books. I love you guys so much xx