#13

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• Chapter 13 •

"Just a little more to your left, Helen" I instructed the model on the position I want for the picture. "Thanks guys, great work" I smiled at them once I was done and set my camera down. I yelped when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist from behind, "God, you scared me" I heard Harry chuckle as I breathed in relief when I realized it was him, he buried his face in the crook of neck "I'm sorry, baby" I smiled and turned around to face him, leaning into his embrace "I missed you so much these last few days" I sighed deeply and he pressed a long kiss to my lips, my hands cupped his cheeks to pull him closer "So did I, I've been so busy that I haven't had time for us" I shook my head "That's fine, your work is always important" He tightened his hold around me "I should have balanced my time, giving more to you and Noah" He said "Babe, it's fine, really. Don't worry so much" I assured him, knowing that he values his job a lot.

"Come on, let's get out of here" Harry took my hand in his and without waiting for my answer, he pulled me out of my building and into a limousine parked at the entrance "What is all of this?" I gasped "A treat, from me to you" He kissed my cheek and smiles brightly "Where are we going?" I asked once we were sat inside the vehicle "That's for me to know and for you to find out" Harry smirked and tied a blindfold around my eyes, I pouted at the loss of sight and sat back with my hands engulfed in his. "I don't like surprises" He chuckled "I'm sure you'll love this" Harry then spoke in a hushed tone with the driver and the vehicle took off. I leaned my head on his shoulder, sighing in defeat after asking Harry about our destination.

The vehicle came to a stop and Harry helped me out the limousine, I carefully took steps forward because even with Harry's guidance, I know I'd fall, until Harry lifted me up into his arms and walked further. I was finally placed onto a seat and I felt my way around my surroundings, leather coming into contact with my fingertips and multiple seat belts. The wind around us howled as I felt my body lurch into mid-air, making me come to the conclusion that we're flying. "Are we flying?" I grabbed onto Harry's hand and he interlocked our fingers "Yes, we are" I began wondering where he's taking me until I felt tired, fatigue washed over me from not getting any sleep the entire week as I stayed up waiting for Harry to come home. "You can go to sleep, baby. I'll wake you up when we land" I nodded and felt for Harry's shoulder before resting my head on it, hugging his arm to my chest.

When I opened my eyes next, I was met with a brightly-colored room, plush linen and luxurious interiors. Feeling disorientated as I awoke, I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed, looking around the empty hotel room with Harry nowhere in sight. Letting out a yawn, I stood to my feet, my knees wobbled a little until I got some sensation in them and I walked towards the window, "Hey, they built an Eiffel Tower in Amer- Oh my!" I started off looking at the beautiful structure from the window only to freeze in realization. I gasped and my hands flew to my mouth, "Happy anniversary, babe" I turned on my heel to find Harry standing against the wall, a bright smile on his face. "We're in Paris" I stated, finding my voice and he nodded with a hum "I know Monte Carlo brings back bad memories for you but I want to create new and better ones with you"

"I've heard that going back to the place where everything once started gives you the chance to turn your bad memories into good ones with new beginnings and I thought why not start here in Paris." He said, ending off with a chuckle and I felt the edges of my eyes brim with tears and I ran up to him, my arms around his shoulders and his around my waist. He tightened his hold on me and placed a kiss to my neck, "Thank you, Harry" I whispered, feeling overwhelmed by the love I have for this curly haired man. "I love you" Harry confessed and I held him tighter "I love you too." We stood there, holding each other, for a few minutes longer, tears rolled down my cheeks as Harry rubbed my back in a comforting manner. Even though, Monte Carlo was like a monstrous nightmare for me, it somehow had a hand in Harry and I meeting.

"What made you make this trip?" I asked Harry, looking up at him as we sat in the balcony of our hotel room, my back against his front. His fingertips trailed up and down my arms, "Last year we hadn't done anything for our anniversary and I thought why not start off this year with something special. So, I planned this trip and here we are" I smiled and kissed him, feeling slightly guilty for not realising that one year had gone by since Harry and I began our relationship together "Hey, don't worry, I know you're feeling bad but you don't have to" He said and I frowned "How did you know I was thinking about that?" He chuckled "It's written all over your face, sweetheart. At that moment, neither of us would have remembered the date. I should have been the one to but I was so caught up in work and trying to adjust to the states that I neglected our relationship for a while"

"No you didn't," I shook my head and turned around to face him "I was the one that neglected our relationship. This is the sweetest gesture anyone has ever done for me. Let's not think about the past while we're here, okay?" Harry nodded and smiled "Anyway, your dress is waiting for you in the closet" I frowned "Dress?" He smirked "We're going out to dinner tonight, right over there" He said while pointing to the Eiffel Tower and my jaw dropped "You're kidding?" I beamed and he chuckled "Only the best for my fiancée" I squealed and smashed my lips against his.

some fluff to ease in the drama lol