#19

so thoughts on the previous chapter????

• Chapter 19 •

"Wait, how did you know Mia beforehand?" Harry asked as I walked out the bathroom "She was at a shoot but I didn't know that it was her when she introduced herself to me" I explained and threw my towel in the laundry basket, I brushed my hair out before joining Harry and Noah on the bed. "I'm sorry about today" Harry said softly "Don't worry about it, she's put away so we're safe" I assured him and chuckled when Noah rolled over in his sleep, pushing his body on Harry's chest "I know you're awake, bug" Harry tickled Noah and I watched Noah open his eyes followed by a giggle "I'm sleepy, Dadda. Let me sleep" Noah whined causing Harry to gasp dramatically, I shook my head at their exchange and settled under the covers. Noah held onto my hand as he slept on Harry's chest, I shuffled closer and like the first time, I wrapped my arm around them before we fell asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night, my throat was sore and parched. Harry wasn't in bed either, I stood up and headed downstairs. After the events of yesterday, the officials had allowed us to move back home, all the damaged appliances and furniture was replaced leaving the house like it was brand new. I heard the sound of ruffling from the kitchen, thinking that it was probably Harry who was searching for a midnight snack. "Bab- What are you doing here?" I gawked at the girl standing in my kitchen, in my house "Thought that I'd pay a little visit, did you really think I wouldn't be able to escape from those stupid policemen?" Mia guffawed and I took subtle steps back, "Now now, Anna. I suggest you stay put unless you want this knife running across your throat" I widened my eyes further seeing the butcher's knife in her hand, she swung the handle around her finger before slamming the blade onto the chopping board.

"What do you want, Mia?" I asked, strength in my voice even though I was terrified of what could happen. Memories of Cole and Matt flooded my mind, like a sinkhole drowning me in it, and I shook my head to get rid of them. "I want Harry" She deadpanned "But you're with Louis?" I questioned confusedly "Louis is just a pawn in my game, he always was, he needed to feel like he was wanted. Unfortunately, he never was, at least not from my side. All I want," She rounded the island and stood in front of me, taking my left hand in hers as she brushed her thumb over my ring. I gulped, ", is Harry." Her bright eyes met mine as her cherry red lips stretched into a cynical smirk. I tugged my hand away from hers, "Harry will never be yours. He's not some kind of object" I retaliated, something she didn't like as she prowled

"He always was mine. You're just an obstacle in our way and the sooner he realizes that you're not worth it, the better for him. I mean, I'm actually surprised he didn't leave you after Cole raped you. I gave him one job and he couldn't even do that prope-" I stared at her in shock, my shoulders slumped and Mia pursed her lips as she stopped talking, realizing what she said "You did this? You were behind all of this?!" I yelled, taking a step forward which decreased the distance between her and I. "How could you do this, being a woman yourself, to another?" I asked in disbelief and even though I had no affiliations with Mia, I don't know her from a bar of soap but the fact that she could do this, hurt me. My stomach caved in and I felt sick, "You're disgusting. Harry was right when he said you deserved to be thrown into an asylum. That's what's best for you. You're a disappointment to women all around the world" I spat, my voice rose with each word and I could hear the faint footsteps of Harry's, approach us.

"Get out of my house" Harry stormed up to us, his frame blocking mine as he stood between Mia and I. "But, Har-" Mia started "No! Get the fuck out of my house before I drag you out. I've done it before and I'll do it again" Harry bellowed and I flinched, taking a few steps back out of shock. Mia scowled at me before she stomped her way out the front door and Harry spun around, cupping my cheek as his eyes scanned my body for any injuries. "I'm fine, Harry" I assured him and he pulled me to his chest, holding me tight "I'm so sorry about that, I heard you guys shouting and I called the police, they're taking her into custody as we stand here. They don't know how she got away but they're making sure it doesn't happen again" I only nodded in response, my body shook from the occurrences of the last few minutes. Harry gathered me in his arms and we went to bed, I couldn't sleep a wink because as I closed my eyes, Cole's face would pop up and bile rose in my throat at the way he made me feel - like I was worthless.

"This court is hereby adjourned" Judge Renee dismissed followed by the sound of the gavel banging against the block. Harry shook hands with his lawyer and I watched as the police guards struggle to detain a hysterical Mia. Two days ago, I woke up to find Harry and his legal team discussing something in the dining room, I then found out that Harry filed a case against Mia to have her not behind the bars of an asylum but of a correctional center. She was charged with sexual assault, trespassing and attempt to murder which gave her a sentence of a lifetime - as requested by Harry. Louis on the other hand was sentenced to roughly 5 years for helping Mia escape and for kidnapping Noah. As I walked out of the courthouse with Harry, it felt like our lives had just taken a turn for the better. It felt as if now we can actually live, we can live without holding our breath or on eggshells wondering when the next bomb will explode on us. Everything was becoming normal again.

this was hella short. and idk if you guys know but this book is ending soon (I'm serious, it isn't going on for 80 chapters like the first) I think it's time for Hanna to get a rest and just live happily ever after.