#3

Thank you for 1K already on this <3

I literally died! (attached picture) the card is now residing in my phone case

• Chapter 3 •

"Dinner was lovely, Raiza. Thank you" I placed my plate into the sink as Harry sat at the table, trying to feed Noah. "Dadda, I don't like it" Noah stubbornly said, shaking his head as Harry held a spoon of mashed vegetables in front of Noah. "Bug, it's good for you. If you eat this, you'll grow up to be a strong boy" Harry coaxed and I stood at the entrance of the kitchen, leaning against the doorframe as I watched them. They're so happy. "Like you?" Noah sat up on his chair and Harry chuckled with a nod "Just like me" Noah then ate the rest of his food while I stood there watching them.

After dinner, we all sat in the living room, Noah made sure to sit in between us as he held onto our hands while keeping his focus on the TV. He drifted off to sleep eventually and I kissed his curly head of hair, "I'll put him in his room" Harry said softly and I nodded, he then picked Noah with caution so to not wake the toddler and walked off to the staircase. The wood cracking from the fireplace drowned my mind with thoughts, flashes and images I worked so hard to forget but they always come back, haunting me like the demons of yore. My skin started to feel prickly, almost as if I could sense Cole's touch on me, my legs fell numb and my chest began to heave.

I jumped out of fright hearing that deafening whisper brush passed my ear, "Run Anna" He drawled and with a spring in my step, I bolted down the hallway as the bat I held in my hand fell to the floor. I made my way off the bed, ignoring the intense pain that formed between my thighs, courtesy of Cole. I fiddled with the door handle until it opened, I gasped in surprise realising Cole must have forgotten to lock it. I stepped out the room, my clothes were torn but I tied the shirt together. The weight of my being caused the wooden floorboards to creek and with stealthy steps, I headed down the hallway, the weather outside had started to change into a thunderstorm. The entire building was in darkness which only added to my fears, I closed my mouth so to not let my heavy breathing be echoed.

Tight-lipped, I took a few more steps and reached the end of the hallway, almost as I was at a roadstop where I had to decided on taking a right or left turn. With whatever light that shone through the high windows, I walked down the next hallway, the left one and only came to a dead end. I huffed at my luck and turned around to continue walking straight, knowing it will take me to the hallway on the right. The hair at the back of my neck stood up and I could feel my blood run cold, a crack of thunder broke out causing me to jump on the spot and I covered my mouth with my hand to muffle the scream that threatened to escape so that no one would hear me.

"Boo!" A whisper blew into my ear and I screeched out of shock, seeing Matt standing in front of me, he let out a guffaw of laughter upon my reaction "Let me go! Put me down" I cried as I clawed at Matt's hands, my legs kicked about in my attempt of escaping but his vice grip around my waist didn't budge. "How did you get out? Cole is such an ass, he must've forgotten to lock the door after fucking you" A sob left my lips at the memory of that, the memory of being raped. I whimpered as Matt flung my body to the floor, immediately creating multiple internal bruises and aches. "Try running away again and you'll see the worst of me" He warned before slamming the door shut followed by the turn of a key.

A few hours later, I was scrounging through every corner of the room, in search of something that will allow me to break out of this room and eventually, I found a safety pin. I unwinded it so that it's straightened out and made my way to the door, in hope of picking the lock when I heard footsteps approach from the other end. I gasped in response and sat on the bed with the pin clasped in my hand, I placed my hands under my thighs. "We decided to play a little game with you" Cole entered the room, he held a shiny metal in his hand and I realized that it was a gun. I sucked in a breath at the sight of the firearm, "What kind of game?" I asked, curious "A teeny tiny version of cat and mouse. You're the mouse in this situation obviously" Cole smirked and I gulped, afraid of what might happen.

"Anna, can you hear me?" My shoulder shook and I flinched in response "Baby, please, I'm right here" Harry's voice reached my ears and I blinked my eyes feverishly as they burned from staring into thin air for so long "I zoned out again, didn't I?" I asked in a soft yet defeated voice "Yeah but it's okay, I just got worried for a second there. You didn't respond to me until I touched you" Harry stood from his crouched position next to me and sat onto the couch, a gap between us. My mind took me back to my therapy sessions where I was taught that I will learn to love again, that what happened does not predict my future, that I will be okay and without thinking, I lunged towards Harry as my arms wrapped around his torso.

He jumped in response, his arms sprung up in shock before he slid them around me, I could sense the hesitancy in his touch but I brushed it aside. Harry released a breath of relief, his cheek resting against my head and I could hear the shakiness in his breathing thereafter as his chest vibrated. I knew he was crying by the slight wetness I felt on my scalp only proved it. I crumbled, completely, my sobs were silent yet heart-wrenching. Harry's arms tightened around me almost to a point of never letting go, he rubbed his hand up and down my back in a soothing manner, I didn't flinch this time. I let him touch me because I knew that his touch is secure. It makes me feel at home, it always did and always will.

Well I hope you liked the chapter, in the next chapter you will find out how she escaped :)

I love you guys xx