#9

I say Watermelon Sugar, you say?

Chapter 9 •

"Anna! Thank God, you're here. Do you know how worried I was when I couldn't find you in your building?" I heard Harry rush in towards me on the couch "Why didn't you tell me you were taking a cab home?" He asked, sitting beside me and I kept my gaze focused on the picture in my hand "Anna, I'm talking to you. Wha-" Harry cut himself off and I'm assuming he noticed the Polaroid "What have you got there?" My lip quivered with a new bout of tears and I looked up at him, flipping the picture over to face him as I held it up. "Where did you get that?" He breathed, eyes widened in shock "It was sent to me today after I went back from lunch" I spoke, my voice was hoarse from silently crying "What is this, Harry?"

His lips twisted in disgust and he grabbed the picture from my hand, tearing it to shreds "Yet another thing from my fucking past which is out to destroy my chance of happiness" He growled and I didn't say a word, I waited for him to continue "The girl in the picture is Mia. Just like Brielle she was another girl that I had an affiliation with. That night we went to a party at one of the fraternities and I don't remember much of it, mainly because she drugged me and made me watch the recordings of my actions from the night before. Mia was someone who turned out to be what I didn't expect, she seemed innocent but she was also out for blood. I don't even remember what attracted me to her in the first place" Harry sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Just know that I will find her and put her back where she belongs" He looked at me, taking my hand in his, his voice was promising. "Where exactly does she belong?" I asked after a while "The mental institution in London. I threw her in there after she tried to attack me in my own home. All I can say that Brielle would be like an angel next to Mia. She had a bit of an extreme and adventurous side to her but she failed to mention the psychotic qualities about her. About a year back, I found out from Louis that she escaped from the asylum, I worked with the police officials to track her location until Louis said he could handle it so I gave the case to him" He said and I raised my brows in surprise, not expecting that but I appreciated Harry's honesty. I know that he'll never hide anything from me but I half expected him to brush this topic aside.

"I should have told you this before, I'm so sorry, Anna" I shook my head and scooted closer to him, sliding my arms around his shoulders "You told me now, that's what matters. I was just so heartbroken to see this, I knew it was from your past but I couldn't help but feel the way I felt when I found out about Brielle and you" I spoke truthfully "I would never do something to you like this, ever and this is my promise to you. I'm only yours, Anna" Harry added in a solemn tone and I nodded "I know" I kissed his cheek "I love you" He repeated my words followed by a sigh. "However, you will now be assigned bodyguards who will follow you wherever you go, keeping me updated on your whereabouts. With Mia on the loose, I don't want your safety to be compromised when I'm not there" Harry said before he reached for his phone, dialing our security company.

I watched his retreating back as he walked towards the study. Harry is always going to be apprehensive about moving forward in life because of the occurrences in his past. He holds himself back from grabbing onto an opportunity of happiness because he fears that something or the other will come back to haunt him, just like this one. "Mumma! I'm home" I heard Noah squeal as his shoes thudded softly against the tiles "In here, handsome" I called out and he stepped into the living room, a bright smile on his chubby face with his backpack bouncing behind him. "I missed you" He jumped onto the couch - more on me rather and I groaned having not expected that "I missed you too" I smiled and hugged the toddler close "How come you're so happy today? You're always moody after daycare" I pointed out and he blushed causing me to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Noah, what happened today?" I tickled his side and he blushed further, hiding his face away from me in a shy manner "I have a girlfriend and she's really pretty, just like you" He whispered in my ear and I laughed softly. "However, we won't tell Dadda about this" He spoke in a normal voice, holding out his pinky finger "He should know, I mean he'd be happy for you" Noah shook his head and I couldn't help the stupid grin on my face, thinking back to when I was little and had a small crush on a boy in my class but didn't have the guts to tell him - no girl would anyway. "No, he'd be mad" Noah pouted and I chuckled "He wouldn't, I promise. Now tell me about this girl?" Noah giggled and threw his backpack to the floor before crawling over my lap to make himself comfortable.

"She's really pretty. I'm going to marry her someday" I widened my eyes as he started but didn't say anything and Noah continued "We were sitting on our mats, it was coloring time and she didn't have an orange crayon so I let her use mine. Do you know what she did after that?" Noah beamed, his bubbly voice was all I needed after the day I had "What?" I brushed his hair aside and looked at him intently "She hugged me" Noah gushed and I mentally awed at the sight before me "That's when she became your girlfriend?" He shook his head "I asked her when we were packing our bags to come home. She said yes just like how you said yes to Dadda when he asked you to be his wife" I raised my eyebrows in surprise, knowing that I planned on telling Noah about our engagement tonight.

"You knew?" I'm amazed by the toddler in my arms "Mhmm, Dadda spoke to me about it first but he mentioned you were sick so he didn't want to rush anything" My heart warmed with love for that green eyed man and I pulled Noah closer to me, kissing his cheek only to have him push me away "Mumma, no! That's the side she hugged" I gasped at the sassy boy before peppering his face with kisses, hearing his bubbly laughter fill the room "My kisses will always come first before anyone else's, got it?" He nodded feverishly at my playful warning.

This sucked :/ I'm sorry if it wasn't what you guys expected. Writers block is killing me for this book. I might put my focus more on Complicated Freak as that's nearing it's end.

All the love x