#5

Almost 2000 words and THANK YOU FOR 2K!

• Chapter 5 •

"Anna, come out, come out wherever you are" I bit onto my lip to hold back my shaky breaths as I screwed my eyes shut with hope that once I open them, that nightmare will be over "Oh, Anna" Cole sang and I curled up further in the corner I was sat in, hidden from them "This isn't fair now, nor is it fun. Come on, Anna, I have a present for you" From the reflection on the window close to me, I noticed the light bounce off of the blade in Cole's hand, I could see his whole form as he swung the knife around before heaving a sigh then walked away. I brushed away the voice that piped in my head, That was too easy, I poked my head around the corner of the box I hid behind. Not finding Matt or Cole in sight, I stood to my head with timid steps and I silently walked further.

I froze in shock when an arm slung around my shoulder, falling onto my chest from behind "Got you!" Matt laughed in my ear and I squirmed in his grasp only to have him tighten his hold as his other arm wrapped around my waist. "Would you look at what we have here?" I could feel him skim his nose along my neck, an action that reminded me of Harry, the way he'd tickle me with his curly locks or nuzzle his nose against my skin just to get his way, a memory that was so sweet is now tainted. "Let go of me" I pleaded but my strength failed against Matt's and I cried as his hand that resided on my chest started groping at my breast. "Just like I remember, ever so plump and round" His voice turned into a whisper and I could feel his lips move against the shell of my ear.

"Tell me Anna, do you remember that night we spent together?" I continued to sob, my cries went unheard and my attempts of getting away were futile as I pushed onto his arms that were around me. "Do you remember how I sucked on your perfect, perfect breast while my hand stretched you out to a point where you mentioned not being able to walk the next day?" He then laughed in cynicism "You drugged me and then used me to have your way" I spoke, my voice cracked "Oh really? But I also remember you asking me to fuck you" I grimaced and dug my nails into his arm, pulled them in a sideways direction as it scratched his skin causing Matt to spring away from me, a scream of terror left his mouth.

My actions created scarlet lines on each of his forearms "You fucking slut!" He accused and I took that moment to run, using whatever energy I had left in me. I sprinted down the staircase, not bothered that I missed a few steps, my vision started to blur and a light-headed feeling took over but I brushed that aside and picked up my pace. My feet thudded against the tiles as I then skidded to a halt, coming into contact with a concrete wall. I splayed my hands across the wall, trying to find my way around in the darkness but to no avail. Am I trapped? I fell to the floor in complete defeat, I reached a complete dead-end without even realizing.

What I thought was the light at the end of a tunnel turned out to be a cul-de-sac, a lifeless cul-de-sac. I picked myself up and went upstairs again, making sure to check around each corner I passed for some kind of escape. Reaching the fourth flight, I walked down the hallway, using the moonlight to guide me. I almost screamed in joy when I noticed a door at the end of the hallway, the moonlight peeked through the slit between the floor and it. I picked up my pace as I reached the door and twisted the handle, I breathed in relief when I heard a click and the wooden structure gave way, creaking as it opened only to reveal a balcony on the other end. What? Stepping out onto the balcony, I held the banister and leant forward to take note of the height. I breathed in heavily as I counted the number of floors the building has.

From a distance, I noticed the twinkling of lights - from a vehicle - and questioned myself, are there other people around here? "Hello?" I called, the thought of Matt and Cole hearing me slipped my mind "Can anybody hear me?" I raised my voice again, the sound echoed "Bold of you to assume you could get away like this" I gulped feeling the blade poke my neck "Game over, the mouse got caught" Cole spoke "Do you know what happens when the game is over?" He went on and I kept quiet, afraid if I speak the blade might slice my skin "I'll tell you, the mouse dies" Cole growled and I noticed his foot beside mine, I took that moment to bend my knee and kicked my foot back causing my heel to come into contact with Cole's knee.

He groaned as he stumbled a little and I clasped my hands, jerking my elbow backward into his abdomen. I yelped in agony when I felt my skin being pierced by the blade, my actions of elbowing Cole didn't benefit me. I lifted my arm up and watched the blood ooze out of the wound created on my side, staining my shirt in its scarlet hue. Cole recovered and charged at me but I was quick in dodging his advancement, I'm not going to let those self defense lessons go to waste. I grabbed his wrist and twisted his arm away from me, pushed it forward and watched as the blade poked through his own torso.

I held onto my injured side and ran through the doors, finding my way down another hallway as I headed upstairs. This maze-like building made me actually feel like a mouse, trapped and wounded. The first rays of the sunrise peeped through the windows and I breathed in relief to have found some guidance out of this fortress. I opened every door I passed, nothing led me to the outside world. My vision turned blurry again and I could see my surroundings start to spin, my hands were covered in blood and my body was deprived of nutrition. The only thing I remember before falling unconscious was the sound of Harry calling my name, it felt imaginary like a dream until the moment I opened my eyes and he was sat next to me, holding onto my hand as I could see a few paramedics and federal officials in my peripheral view.

It took Harry and his intimidating aura four whole days to track Cole and Matt. They had been using multiple credit cards, of different identities, many people recognized them in the streets but they wore a new disguise every time. The calls they made out of the building were tapped, by the chip on their sim cards, but the tracker bounced off from different parts of the world resulting in a futile attempt of finding me. When I woke up after the whole ordeal, having been in and out of consciousness since Harry found me, I noticed I was in a hospital. My clothes were swapped for a clean gown but my body wasn't, I could still feel the murkiness that pricked my skin. I turned my head in the direction of the beeping sound and saw the machine that monitored by heart rate and breathing, the numbers were drastically low.

Realising that I've awoken, Harry sprung from his seat and neared me, my name tumbling from his lips and he took my hand in his but instead of tightening my hold on him, I jerked my hand away. The shock and hurt in his eyes upon my reaction was something that will forever haunt me. He didn't say anything further and pressed the button for the nurse. The doctors and nurses walked in, explaining the procedure I was about to go through, they had waited for me to finally become conscious to swab my body for evidence. A case had been filed against Cole and Matt, they were arrested and prisoned for life. The evidence proved that I had been raped, tortured and assaulted. After the procedure, I was led into a shower cubicle by one of the nurses.

I curled up into a ball on the tiles as the sound of the falling water drowned my sobs. Harry had been standing outside the bathroom door, his words of assurance only made me hate myself even more. I cursed myself for allowing that to happen to me, I should have been more cautious at the exhibition. "Anna, honey, what are you thinking about?" Harry's voice broke my reverie "Hmm?" I turned to him as he walked up to me, a cup of tea in his hand. I welcomed the warmth of the liquid and shuffled closer to Harry's side as he took his seat next to me on the couch "You were thinking about it, weren't you?" He sighed in realization and I nodded, leaning my head against his shoulder and he pulled me closer to him. "It's been a year, babe. You're so much better now, I know it's hard for you to stop thinking about it but you're only hurting yourself and I can't see you in pain"

"I know I should but I can't help it, like Stevens said, these thoughts are like relapses. Although, I have learnt that by thinking about it only makes me want to be better, to be stronger." I explained and Harry kissed my forehead "I'm proud of you, do you know that?" I smiled and tilted my head to kiss him "I know and thank you for always being by my side, I love you, so very much" A lopsided grin made its way to his plump lips and he repeated my words until a cry broke us apart. "Mummy! They don't want to let me hold Rose. I want to hold my little sister" Noah's voice reached the hallway and into the living room causing Harry and I to chuckle "She's still a baby, handsome, and so are you. You'll be able to carry her when you're older"

I'm sorry for any mistakes, I wrote this in a hurry after my exam and I hope you enjoyed it!

Do leave your thoughts??!

All the love x