Chapter 9: A New Title

Jaylee
I turned my test document into my professor on the way out of the classroom. I grabbed my wallet out of my purse and stopped at the vending machine to buy a snack.

"Jaycee?" Asia and Derrionte approached me. I got the bag of skittles and sprite out of the machine.

"Hey guys." I said looking at them.

"There's a dude standing by your car. He's about six foot five. He asked about you but he didn't call you, Jaycee. He called you something but I can't think of it. Shut, what did he call you called?" Asia said. I got nervous a little but I tried not show it.

"I think it was Jaylee." Derrionte said speaking up. I bit my lip and gave a small chuckle.

"Maybe, he got someone mixed up with me." I said gripping onto my purse.

"Nah Jay, he showed us a picture. It was you." Oh God.

"Alright, thanks guys. I'm about to go."

I left immediately. I power walked to the student parking lot. I stood a far distance from where my car was. I looked around and it was Orlando. I ran to him and threw my arms around him. Orlando lifted me off the ground.

"Hey baby." He said with a big smile on his face.

"Hey. I thought you weren't going to be here until tomorrow. I'm so happy to see you." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"We planned to but my dad decided to leave a day early. I wanted to surprise you that's why I didn't tell you." He said putting me down. He pulled me closer to him. "Plus I couldn't be happier to be with you."

I started to blush. I covered my face with his shirt. So, he couldn't see me blush. He started laughing.

"You're cute." He said rubbing his hand against my back.

"I know." I said sticking my tongue out. He smacked his lips together. I started giggling. I looked up to him.

I loved the way his brown eyes always had a sparkle when we talked. He leaned down and kissed me. I felt hypnotized. When he pulled away, I was in daze. I couldn't believe it. I opened my mouth but I couldn't get a sound out.

"I'm happy to be here with you. You mean a lot to me. I care for you, Jaylee. "He said hugging me. I cleared my throat.

"I care for you, too." I said resting my head on his chest. We stood there for a moment. I looked up to him.

"Let's go to a taco place. It's not that far." I haven't eaten since this morning, when I was getting ready for my first class. I could use some food.

"Yea, I'll follow you." I nodded and he pecked my lips. I watched as Orlando walked to his truck. I got into my car and I started texting my mom. I told her, we need to talk.

Orlando parked next to me at the taco restaurant. I grabbed his hands as we walked into the restaurant. I spoke to the cashier. I order my food and waited patiently for Orlando to order his food. I stared at how wonderfully formed his body is. His dreads seem to have grown little longer since I last saw him. I sat across the booth from him. My phone started lightening up. I glanced at it and it was my mom. She replied, okay and to come over for dinner around seven.

"That's your other nigga." Orlando said with a smirk. I smiled.

"Ha. Ha. Funny. Why you worried about it? Remember you not my nigga." I said returning that same smirk.

"I must be. You're wearing my gift." He said looking down at the purple diamond necklace on my neck.

"No, I'm wearing it because it matches my shoes and my shirt." I said rolling my eyes. I couldn't help but laugh.