Chapter 11: Daddy-Daughter Time

Jaylee
I parked in front of Wal-Mart. I need to some personal needs along with school utensils and more. It been two days since I had an allergic reaction. Everything seem to be fine since the event. Orlando and I have planned to have a do -over- date tonight.

I don't know what he has planned but I hope it doesn't end like the other one. I just want everything to go well. I walked down the aisle of all school supply. I put three packs of mechanical pencils in the buggy.

Dr. Martinez

As I was walking past the school supply, I saw Jaycee. I really need to talk to her. I walked down the aisle with my god daughter running ahead. She ran right into Jaycee. I jogged to them.

"I'm sorry, Jaycee." I said picking Regina off the floor. Jaycee glanced at me.

"Oh it's nothing, Dr. Martinez. I forgot your name for a moment." Jaycee grabbed Regina's hand.

"I know this little cutie didn't mean to do it. You didn't try to, did you?" Regina shakes her head.

"No, I didn't mean to. I'm sorry." Regina said jumping out my arms and hugged Jaycee. Jaycee smiled.

"I guess, I'll see you guys later." Jaycee said turning around.

"Wait Jaycee!" She turned to me. "I want to talk to you about something important." She looked a little un-sure about what I could have to tell her.

"We could meet up at a public place. So, you could feel comfortable. I really need to talk about something with you." I said pleading.

"Yes, we can meet up at a park that's not far. I just need to pick up some more things and I'll be headed that way. "Jaycee said smiling. I smiled and nodded.

"Regina tell Jaycee bye." Regina started waving.

"Bye, Jaycee." Jaycee kissed her cheek.

"Bye little cutie." Regina hugged her. "See you later." Jaycee said looking at me.

"Of course. Thank you." I said putting Regina in our buggy.

I paid for the groceries and loaded everything into my truck. I buckled Regina up in a car seat. I just hope Jaycee doesn't stand me up. I drove Regina to her dad's house. I couldn't stop thinking how much Jaycee looked like me. She shared my skin tone and her whole face just looked like a female version of mine. I knew once I laid eyes on her that this little girl was mine.

Jaylee

"Baby, do you mind if I meet you a little later than one?" I asked Orlando as I backed out of the student parking lot.

"No but I'm going to miss you." He said.

"I'm going to miss you too but something can up. I got a meeting with Dr. Martinez."

"Alright, I got to go. I'm still planning our date." I smiled.

"Okay, have fun but no basil." Orlando chuckled.

"No basil. I got you." He said hanging up. I parked my car at store across from the park. I walked around while looking for Dr. Martinez. I found him sitting on a bench beside a tree. I sat next to him.

"Hello, stranger." I said getting his attention.

"Oh hey. I didn't think you would show up." He said giving me a small hug. I smiled.

"So, what do you have to talk to me about?" I asked. He sighed.

"I don't know a way to beat around the bush with this. So, I'm just going to say." Dr. Martinez said looking at the small portfolio in his hand.