Chapter 7: Dreamer

She pulled me off the floor by my hair. Her devilish smile seem to dim the room.

"I should have had an abortion." She said giving me one strong and hard blow to my nose. I heard it crack.

"You know the only reason I had you is because I didn't have any money for abortion. I didn't want kids. I didn't want you. "

"Please leave me alone." I begged. She banged my head against the floor.

"Shut up!" She yelled reaching in her pocket. The blood from my head injury was dripping in my eyes. I wiped it from my eye lashes. I couldn't handle the pain my head was giving me.

"How about I just stop your misery and end it all right here." She said pointing a pistol at me. I tried to get up but the knife in my left leg made it hard.

I looked around, then I chunked my shoe at her hand. The gun flew into a water puddle. I took that chance to run. My leg was slowing me down. I hide in the alley. I looked at my leg as the blood flowed out. I heard shuffling and I starting running again. It was a dead end. I look back there stood my mom.

"Give up. Your life is finished."

I didn't speak. I watched her grip the trigger. I closed my eyes. The shots were fired and I knew I was gone. I didn't feel any different. I opened my eyes. Mom fell before me with a bullet in the back of head. Her body started to burn and I saw the devil rise out of her body.

I shot up from my bed. I was sweating and breathing hard. I drink a glass of water and got back in bed. I started to watch movies. It was one a.m. and I'm up. I couldn't sleep and I refused to. I wonder is Orlando up. I dial his number and it rang twice. I was about to hang up and he answered.

"Hello." His voice deep and crackly. He cleared his throat.

"Orlando, I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?"

"Yea but it's alright. I'm supposed to be up, anyway. What you doing up at 2:00 a.m.?"

"I can't sleep. I forgot that Utah is an hour late. It's one a.m. over here. "

"Why you can't sleep?" I heard shuffling as he moved around then it got quiet.

"I just got a lot on my mind." I sighed.

"See if you would've stayed in Texas, we could've met up somewhere but you want to leave a nigga state." I laughed.

"You always got something slick to say."

"If it makes you smile, I got more coming." I blushed.

"Who's to say, I'm smiling."

"I can see it from here." We started laughing. I'll leave it up to him to say something like that.

"I'm just playing. I love your smile. I'll do anything to make you smile." I threw my hand over my face trying to stop myself from smiling

"Are you always this corny?"

"Nope, you do that to me." God, I'm blushing so hard. He probably can see it in Texas.

"Stop doing that." He chuckle.

"Doing what?"

"Making me blush."

"So, you telling me. I got that effect on you." He said laughing.

"Whatever, Orlando." I blushed. He started laughing.

"All jokes aside, you never told me why you had an attack?"

"I don't want to talk about it. How old are you?"

"I am 19 about to be 20 in a month. What about you?"

"I am 18 and I just turned 18 about three months ago."

"Awe, you're still a baby."

"No, I am not." I pouted as if he could see me.

"You're my baby."

"Oh my God. Go to sleep, Orlando. "

"Pssh, you know you don't want me to."

"Orlando." I said trying to get him to stop.

"Jaylee." He said mocking my tone. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Orlando." I said trying to sound serious.

"Baby girl."

"You're not going to stop, are you?"

"Nope, you know you like me." He is so cocky but he is right.

"Sure." I said sarcastically. I heard muffled voices in the background.

"I got to go. I'll call you when I get the chance."

"Okay bye." I hung up.

Orlando made me feel better. He always seem too. I don't know how. It's just something about him. I stay up a little longer then my eyes just got tired.