Chapter 12: Can't Recover

Jaylee 
After hours of thinking with happen with Orlando last night, I decided to get out of the house for a little while. I opened the door and I kicked something. I looked down and it was nothing but gift bags and teddy bears. I grabbed the teddy bear with the note  attached to him.

      It read, I tried to get to you through by calling and texting but you didn't answer like I expected. I hope you like your gifts. I'm sorry, baby girl. I didn't know how to tell you. I knew that would be a done deal for us. Jaylee, please talk to me.

"Shit." I cussed as I felt my eyes water. I refuse to cry over this.

     I grabbed all the bags and the teddy bears. I sat all of the gifts on the couch. I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through his message. I deleted the messages and started going through the gift bags.

    I pulled out different body supplies such as lotion, body wash, and perfume. I pulled out a shirt. I couldn't help but laugh.

"My boyfriend sucks." I said reading the words off the shirt aloud. I continue digging through the bags. I pulled out a charm bracelet on each charm there were words.

"I like you." I said reading one.

"I might possibly love you." I moved on to the next charm.

"Don't give up on us." Why is he playing with my feelings like this? I looked down in the bag. There was another note. It said I don't want to give up on us. I hope you don't either.

    I left the dorm hall and drove to my parents. I knocked on the door. I heard little tapping on the bottom of the door. Dad opened the door. Twinkle was crawling to me. I picked her up.

"Hey daddy." I said closing the door.

"Hey daddy baby." He said kissing my forehead.

"Is mom in the living room? I want to talk to you guys about something." I said. He groaned.

"Is it bad?" He asked walking in the living room.

"Not necessarily." I said putting Twinkle on the rug. I hugged mom.

"Hey baby." She said sliding over. So, I could sit next to her. I sat down.

"I want to talk to you and daddy about something."

"Well, okay." She said turning the television off. She focused her attention on me.

"What is it, honey?" I grabbed Amber and put her on my lap.

"Well you know I had called and told you guys that I had gone to the hospital because I had an allergic reaction while I was on my date with Orlando."

"Yea, I remember. I still want to meet this little boy." Dad said. Mom rolled her eyes.

"Well. While I was there, I met my real dad. His name is Lucas Martinez. We did a blood test and it shows I'm his kid. We even look alike. I want you guys to meet him." Mom raised held up her hand.

"Hold on. I thought that bastard in Texas was your father." I sighed.

"I did too but that's not what the blood test says. He told me, he and my mom dated for eight months. Then one day, she disappeared. He thinks she disappeared because she found out that she was pregnant with me." I said running my fingers through Amber's fur.

"That woman is full of shit. She doesn't even have the guts to tell you who your real father is. That's bullshit." Mom said throwing her hands up.

"I know but it kind of makes me feel good that I'm not relate to that man. He put me through crap. I'm happy that he's not my father." Dad smiled.