Chapter 14: The Crying Game

Jaylee
"Is that everything, ma'am?" A plane worker asked me as he grabbed my last bag.

"Yes, thank you. I'll be keeping this one." I said grabbing the shoulder bag. I put it in my seat. I grabbed my phone as it vibrated.

I'm pulling up. - Orlando
Alright, you alone?
Yes. Just me and my arm brace.

"Um, are we boarding another guest?" The pilot asked me. I glanced out the window. Orlando's here.

"No, we're not." I walked past him. As I eased by my parents, my dad grabbed my arm.

"What is he doing here?" My dad griped.

"I called him. I'm just ending things. Okay?" Dad started at me for the longest.

      He looked as if inside he was battling himself. He sighed and let me go. I kissed his cheek and walked off the plane. I stuffed my hands in my pockets. Orlando pushed himself off his truck. I stopped at a good distance from him.

"Hey, you look pretty." He said speaking up.

"Thanks." I said lowly. We stood there a moment.

"Why you being so distant? I'm not going to hurt you." Orlando said with a small smile on his face. I couldn't look into his eyes. I wouldn't be able to restrain myself, if I do.

"What's the matter?" He said walking to me and pulled me to him. I took a breath.

"Orlando, I don't want to be your girlfriend anymore. I don't want any connections with you." I said calmly while putting distance between us.

"What?" Orlando said looking so shocked. God, I hate this. I'm breaking his heart and my own heart. I want to be with him, so badly. Why did he have to be this gangster boy or whatever he call himself?

"I want to break up with you." I said damping my finger under my eye before my tears could go any farther.

"Is this about the drive-by accident? Jaylee, I'm sorry. I'm leaving this life soon. Jaylee, I'm sorry." Orlando said trying to make everything right. I started crying. I covered my face.

"Jaylee, we can work this out. I promise. I'll stop smuggling. I'll leave all of it behind. Please, just don't throw what we have away." He pulled me in his arms. I was crying so hard, I didn't bother to move. Plus, I knew this where I want to be but life sucks.

"Three minutes, Ms. Caroline." The plane worker yelled out to me. Orlando held me as tight as he could with his bruised arm.

"Jaylee, please." He said kissing the top of my head. I started to calm myself down. I removed myself from his grip.

"Bye, Orlando." I said walking away without even looking back. I couldn't afford to look back. I just got to get over Orlando. I wiped my tears.

"Are we ready to take off Ms. Caroline?" The worker asked as I walked up the steps.

"Yes." I mumble. I took my seat.

Orlando text me and told me that he care for me. I deleted the text. I deleted his number. I clicked through my photo gallery. All of the pictures of me and him were there. I couldn't get myself to delete them. I sighed as I wiped my nose. My mom came and sat next me. She pulled me close to her.

"I'm here. It's alright." She said rubbing my back. This was going to be on long flight.

Orlando

    She is just gone throw away our shit just like that. I can't believe this. She can't be serious. I thought I did everything right. I tried hard to keep her. I went all out. I left all the other girls alone.

      I focused on her and what we could be. Now, she just throws it away like it's nothing. I tried to keep Rey out of our relationship. I tried to hide him from her. I had to protect her from that side of me. Rey would have scared her away. It's obvious I didn't hide him from her.

      She left me. When I pulled out the gun, that night of the drive-by. I was no longer Orlando. I was Rey. I was that dude that has killed plenty of men and wouldn't be phased by it.

       I was that dude that had multiple women. I was Rey. The dude that smoked marijuana and sniffed coke as much as a baby could cry for a bottle. Rey was me, when I was fighting myself. Jaylee helped me.

      I was heavy on drugs because I held a lot in like my mother's death. Mostly because I know my dad killed her. I lose it, when I dwell on it. I'll roll up something good and be good for the night. I had it bad. Jay helped me. She made me want to change for her. I never wanted her to meet Rey. I sighed. I grabbed the bag of blunts out of the glove compartment.

"He should be here in a few." Kilo said as we cruise down the road. We was currently looking for Fred. He gave himself a death wish for even mentioning my name aloud. Now, it's his ass. I got to show what Rey means.

"Is that him?" Kilo said slowing down. "Yea, that's him. You ready?" He asked me. I took one last hit.

"Yea, let's go." I said sitting the hookah in ash tray. He stopped the car.

We walked behind him. I shot at the trash close to him. The boys that were standing in front of the apartment with him were starting to scattered like roaches. I shot Fred in the leg. He fell but he still tried to get away. I jogged up to him. I stepped on the leg that I had shot. He screamed in pain as I stomped his leg.

"I'm sorry, Rey. Man, please. I have a three year old daughter. Please." Fred begged.

"I'll tell her, I'm sorry at your funeral." I said pulling the trigger.