Chapter 28

Unknown POV

"Sir, it appears that subject number #3 named Volcan hasn't been responding since approximately 3 days ago. We believe that she might be captured or killed in action. According to the tracker implemented into her body, her last recorded location was in Wellston. What should we do Sir?"

"*sigh* These superheroes just keeps getting stronger and stronger huh? I was positive that she would've at least been able to do the job for more than 6 months, but it seems like that that's no longer the case...... Bring out subject number #4. And make sure to broadcast the news ONLY to Wellston"

"Right away Sir"

3:17 PM' Wellston Infirmary, After school

Doc POV

*sigh* I did expect that Leilah wouldn't answer my phone calls, but it still hurts me. Does this mean I'm officially single again? *sob sob*

*creak* The door opened. It was John and Seraphina

"Hello Doc... Did you get the chance to talk with my sister?" Asked Seraphina

"Unfortunately, no... But there's something odd. I did ask her to help me get you your ability back and she gladly accepted it. But the second your name was brought up, she wasn't too keen anymore... Do you maybe know why that is?"

"I... I'm not too sure about that myself. Doc... you said that Leilah gladly accepted to help you, does that mean that she actually CAN get me my ability back?"

"Uhm... I don't really know. But she DID sound pretty certain that she's able to do it"

3:21 PM, School Hallways

John POV

"Sera? You okay?" I asked because she looked kinda disappointed and sad

"Yeah, It's nothing. I'll head back to the dorms. I'm kinda tired today"

I kinda want to accompany her back to the dorms. But I think it's best to leave her alone for now. I'm not in the place to talk about her private family matters either

When I was heading back to the dorms alone, I saw Zeke from afar.

Zeke, that fucking bastard... As much as I want to beat him so badly, Sera wouldn't want me to do that. Maybe I should just warn him...

I slowly walked behind him with my mask until he finally looked behind 

"J-JOKER?!" Zeke sounded terrified

I slowly approached him, grabbed him by his collar and pushed him to the lockers *CLANG*

I then took off my mask while still having my ability active to intimidate him

"Y-YOU'RE JOKER?!" Zeke said surprised

"The SECOND I hear that the school found out that I'm Joker... I'll come to you straight away" I pushed him to the lockers again then walked off

"Don't EVER mess with us again"

*Chapter 28 End*