Chapter 83

In a simple way, Vaughn accepted John into Wellston because he resembled Aria, in a way. The positive energy John gives off at the beginning of the year genuinely made Vaughn happy.

"I just want to get along with someone!"

Those were the words John said when Vaughn interviewed him. Aria desperately wanted to get along with someone too, but sadly, she ran out of time. But she never lost herself in the process.

So when John kept on brutalizing those Royals after Vaughn kept defending him, he felt disappointed. Was it even the same student? Vaughn didn't want to envision John as Aria anymore. But at least, John has changed for the better. He's not pretending to be someone he's not, and he's able to keep in emotions in check. 

He's just John Doe now.

***

"I... I had no idea the Headmaster's past is so dark," Sera said

John and Sera was making their way back to the rooftop. Every student in the hallway made sure to clear some space for the two God-tiers walking past.

"So Vaughn was Leilah's teacher at her old school, and that somehow led them to work together," Sera tried to put it all together.

"Erasing memories, huh? You think that's why he also dislikes the authorities?" John asked.

"Maybe," Sera replied. "He also mentioned Vanessa. Isn't she one of the highest ranking officials? She's quite famous,"

"Never heard of her,"

"Well, never mind that. We still have someone to take care of," 

"Huh? Who do you mean?" John raised an eyebrow.

"Remi, remember? We can't just let her go out alone like that,"

"I already tried to talk to her. She just won't listen," 

"We're not going to stop her," Sera said. "let's just follow her,"