-epilogue-

first person pov 14 - Hyunjin

The music is too loud and the windows are rolled down, our playlist blaring for the empty highway to hear. I know the route to the roller rink so instinctively, the familiarity of our customary Friday night dates is already engraved in my brain. It's only been a week since we've last gone but I was already missing the time we spend together on these nights.

As always, there's a tube of red lipstick sitting between the coffee cups in the cup holders between us, and just the thought of him in red lipstick again is driving me crazy. I know he doesn't put it on until we get to the rink because he knows what it does to me. I kind of hate him for it but I also know that if he were to put it on before we left we probably wouldn't leave.

He pulls into the parking lot, turning down the music and then looking over at me. His smile is wicked and knowing, fully aware of what he's about to do.

"The lipstick?" he asks innocently, and I hand it over to him. I'm rolling my eyes at him but my heart rate picks up, anticipating.

"C'mere," he says, surprising me as he motions for me to come closer. He places his hand softly under my chin, pulling it level with his, and spreads it softly over my lips, layering it twice to deepen the color and also the effect on my ability to think. I'm physically weak as he pulls away, nearly shivering in his touch.

I take the lipstick from him, staring into his intense eyes, and it strikes me how quickly our moments together can become more and less intense in an instant. The power dynamic is push and pull and playful in a perfect way. My fake confidence is wavering under his gaze and I honestly couldn't care less.

I paint his lips bright red in two quick swipes, and then he pushes them together, effectively distracting me from any rational thought.

I try to think of something to say to break the intensity, but I come up short. And, naturally, he notices. He smirks, slinging his arm around the back of my neck. He's laughing quietly, and it's deep and throaty and dead sexy. He pushes his face close to mine, and then pulls back slowly until only our foreheads are touching.

"I just have you wrapped around my finger don't I?"

My breath catches and he laughs, louder this time.

"Don't be so intense baby. Just say something," he bites his lip to stop the smile spreading over them but it's crazy distracting.

He knows I won't be able to say something. And I so want to prove him wrong.

"Fuck that lipstick is sexy."

It's the only sentence my brain can process. He smirking, cocky and knowing.

And then his lips are pressing sweetly against mine, painfully light and playful.

"Good job" he mumbles against my lips, and I push closer to him, self control discarded somewhere along the way.

His lips are soft and taste like lipstick, and I'm sure mine do too. He laughs quietly against my lips and shifts over the seats to straddle me, pushing me softly against the seat.

"And here I thought we were going to have an actual date," he muses out loud, smirking before meeting my lips again. There's lipstick smeared over his face and I'm sure over mine as well but there's no room in my brain to process it or care. All I can think about it him, his lips and smile and his beautiful laugh.

We stayed that way for some time, playful but lazy, laying quietly with each other in my car until it's almost dark and we drive back to our houses. And maybe we wanted more, and maybe we could have done more. And maybe it was a waste of an hour to make out in my car instead of any of the millions of things we could have or should have been doing. And maybe the people walking by the car scoffed at the hormonal teenagers and their incessant affection, or were horrified about a boy kissing another boy. But it was the perfect moment, all other obligations and stresses escaping our conscious minds so we could be together, and live like we were in love for a day. Because we were, so madly and deeply in love.

And it tasted like peach starbursts.

___________________

posted (10/14/2019)

as promised! thank you all for 5k reads <3