11- Ellie

I wake up in an unfamiliar room. Where am I?

My mouth tastes dry and raw, I swallow painfully.

My thoughts are fuzzy and blurred and I can't remember anything. Nothing comes to my brain as naturally as before. Not that I can even remember if I used to be able to recall memories. All I know is that I'm in a small, dark room with no furniture and I'm lying on the floor in some leggings and a cropped T-shirt. It has a slogan on it 'Live Laugh Love' in blue font. It's thin material struggles to defend me from the invading cold.

I try to piece together my scattered thoughts, but it's all in vain. I have no idea where I am or why. I can't even recall my own name. Am I going insane? Have I always been insane?

There's nothing in the room to give me any hint as to my reason for being here, just a stark emptiness, consuming me. I feel tiny and vulnerable in here, like someone is watching me. But who? And how?

I try to stand, but my legs give way beneath me. I curse them for their uselessness in this situation. Have they always been this weak? I have no idea of anything anymore. Am I even alive? I pinch my skin, and I can feel it but only just. I'm numb with cold, but definitely alive, even if I'm only just about managing to stay that way.

There's no light in here and I crave the idea of seeing things, anything. I just want to see. Is that too much to ask for? It's unsettling this darkness as anyone or anything could easily catch me off guard. I don't want to die, not yet. For all I know, I had a rubbish, unfulfilled life, I want to achieve things. I seem to have forgotten my age too, but I can't be that old. Not an adult yet, I'm almost certain of that. I don't feel achy considering that I've been unconscious on the floor for god knows how long. My hands are small and I have leggings on and adults don't wear leggings do they? I just have a feeling that I'm not old yet. I don't want to die. I really don't.

I look down at my hands and they're a pale blue, trembling slightly. Is that because I'm cold? Or is it just normal to shake like this? My loss of memory is seriously annoying. It's also scary as I don't know what's happened to me leading up to waking up here.

I hope my friends and family are coming to get me soon. If I have any that is.