two; breathless✔️

* e d i t e d *

"My down-low affair with Jake Fitzgerald is officially over

"My down-low affair with Jake Fitzgerald is officially over." Brooke says to Noah, Audrey and I as we walk towards the school.

"What? Since when?" Noah asks

"Last night." Brooke answers with a sigh at the end. "Anyways, anyone seen Emma?"

"She's on her way. Maggie found out she spent the night at Kieran's." I tell Brooke, making me look at Emma and I's conversation about Maggie on my phone.

"Ugh, Maggie drama. It's her first time back to school since the infamous meltdown. The last thing she needs is more tension." Brooke whispers

"Hey!" A girls voice interrupts us and we all look to face the girl, Emma.

"Emma!"
"Wow!"
"You look fantastic!"
"So good!"
We all shout out different reactions in seeing her.

"All right. Enough with the eggshells. Let's go." Emma says and leads the way into the school. We follow closely behind her so she doesn't have any meltdown again.

We walk up the stairs and slowly walking around the area where Emma had her meltdown last year.

"Hey... you good?" Audrey questions, lifting a hand to touch Emma's shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Emma nods, giving us a reassuring smile. My friends and I wave goodbye before walking to our different classes.

I have art now, and the rest are all split into either Math, Science or Chemistry. I think Audrey has a free period right now. I don't really remember.

I enter my art class and take a seat at the back in my usual spot. I and a couple other students, along with the teacher wait as the class begins to enter.

"Is this seat taken?" I hear a voice beside me ask. I look up and find Gustavo Acosta staring at me. I look around the classroom and find a couple empty seats here and there, so why has he chosen to sit beside me?

"Uh, no..." I shake my head and move my stuff closer to me. Gustavo is semi-new. He's been here since the start of the new year, and we're a couple months in now. His dad is the sheriff of the town, which probably sucks for him.

"Now that everyone is finally seated. Let's get the lesson started." My Art teacher, Mrs. Barnes, the 57 year old, claps. "I've been looking through most of your visual art diaries, and I've come across more than 87% of you have an incomplete diary. Because of this, for the next couple weeks, I'll be assigning different tasks for you to do. Whether that be, making a silly portrait of yourself, to an abstract painting using only your elbow. I know that some of you prefer pottery to paint, so that'll be accessible to you." Mrs. Barnes motions to me. "Also, please do not ruining your artwork. Something's can't be placed in your diaries, so take plenty of photos of your work from different angles!"