Part Twelve: Renovations

Henry

Once we made back to my house I grimaced at the mess. I stepped into what felt like a foreign, cold home. Shattered glass lay scattered everywhere, tables were upturned, vases were smashed. Someone had definitely been back, just like that cop said. I took a deep breath and sat down Lu's box then began fixing what I could.

I swept the floors and discarded the shattered glass into the bin and managed to get Lu to help with picking up the heavy tables and moving the couch back in its right place. We put tarps over the broken windows so that it wouldn't be so cold later on. I turned the radio on and our little argument was forgotten. I danced a little to Lu's fascination who stopped sweeping and began to stare.

I blushed, giving him my own questioning glance. "What?" I asked, taking my eyes off him and staring hard at the floor. I swept away the dried mud and tiny bits of glass we weren't able to pick up into the corner, putting an end to my dancing. "What... What Hen doing?" He asked and I blushed harder. "I was dancing.." I muttered. He titled his head to the side. For some reason this man didn't know about a lot of common stuff so I'm not too surprised he doesn't know what dancing is. "It's when you move your body to music," I explained, returning to the radio and turning it up louder. "There's tons of different dance styles but I just goof around,"

He still seemed confused. "Oh come on, swing your hips to the beat!" I urged with a smile. I Think We're Alone Now came on and I began to sway my hips and wriggle my shoulder like a moron. I was trying to get him to join in but he still seemed confused. He really is clueless!

I walked over to him and placed my hands on his hips. "You gotta jump up and down too!" I added. He had a faint blush on his cheeks and an intense stare. He began moving his hips and bob his head up and down, just a little which put a smile on my face. I let go of his hips and he frowned. I returned to my broom and began to sweep while dancing.

We both danced through many songs, cleaning up the house until we needed to take a break and a shower. Both of us were sweaty and didn't smell too good either. The bathroom was untouched so I sent Lu to shower
while I got dinner ready. I decided to cook some bacon since that's what he liked so I started to prep the oven when there was a loud crash. I sprinted to bathroom where Lu stood in the car corner away from the shower curtain that had fallen. I tsk'd. We had just cleaned up the place!

I grabbed the shower curtain and placed it just outside the door then grabbed Lu's hand. "Sorry.." he sighed. I shook my head. "It's fine. You obviously won't fit in the shower so I'll get the bath running, okay?" I hummed. I turned the handle and waited until the water was somewhat hot and got the plug. I went to grab a bath bomb, just because I wanted to see his reaction but he stopped me, gripping my hand tighter. "Don't leave. Scared."

I gave him a questioning glance and he really did seem frightened. "I'm not going to leave, okay? I'm just going to grab something on the counter over there," I soothed. He looked over to the counter and reluctantly let me go. I quickly grabbed a pink and orange and returned.

I clearly couldn't leave him alone. He'd probably bring the whole house down if left alone for more than two minutes. I paused, staring up at where a mirror should be and stared hard at the drywall. Lu grumbled something and I snapped out of my weird haze. I held the bath bomb up to his face and he oggled at it then went to bite it. "Lu!" I shouted, pulling the ball away. "You can't eat this! It's for the bath!" I laughed. It was slightly concerning that he would try to eat this. I really needed to have a serious conversation with him- maybe after dinner?

"Watch," I dropped the ball into the water, splashing and soaking my shirt. It began to fizz and colour inked the water and bubbles began to form. I crouched and a fascinated Lu dropped beside me, reaching his hand into the water and trying to grab at the ball but when he brought his hand out all he managed to get was coloured water.

The steaming water settled and the only thing left was to get in. "Your clothes," I muttered, holding out my hand. "You need to take off your clothes." I blushed deeper when I said it aloud. His face remained the same as he began stripping off his clothes. I stood up and looked away until he poked my back. I turned away, my eyes refusing to look down. The room felt hotter and it wasn't because of the steam.

I held out my hands and he placed his clothes into my hand. "You can get in now." I instructed. He did as he was told and got in, hissing at the warmth of the water. Once he was silent yet again I looked down and luckily his lower half was submerged and the bubbles covered all that wasn't needed to be seen. He was still a bit big for the tub, having to bring his knees up a bit.

I quickly grabbed a few bottles and a bucket, holding up one of the bottles for him to see. "This is shampoo. It's for your hair. I'm going to rub it in, okay?" I told him. He nodded then tilted his head so it would make my job easier. I got the bucket and filled it up with water before tipping it over his head. He quietly gasped, finding my hand and gripping it.

I smiled, then gave him a reassuring squeeze. "Its okay," I encouraged. I squeezed some of the cold substance and rubbed it across my palms then began massaging it into his hair. I realized how knotty his black curls were so I equipped myself with a small comb and began running it through his hair. I began humming one of the songs that came on earlier as my hands became soapy and Lu idly held my hand and let me take care or his hair.

I finished combing and began rinsing out his hair when I smelt something. Something was burning. "Shit!" I shouted, shooting up and sprinted to the kitchen. I left the stove on! Fuck! Panic took hold of my nerves as I found what was burning. A paper towel roll had caught on fire and began to engulf the entire roll. I turned the stove off and hit the paper roll into the sink and blasted water onto it. The flame snuffed out and I calmed down a bit and turned around, finding Lu, stark naked and dripping wet.

"Jesus, Lu!" I cried while turning around and shutting my eyes. "Loud noises. Hen left." He reasoned. "T-There was something burning!" I retorted. The smoke alarm started going off and there was a knock at the door. My face was a blushing mess and I moved pass the naked man to go get the door. "Just go back to the bathtub!"

My hands were still covered in soap as I answered the door and almost groaned at the sight. "What do you want Alan?" I snipped. He was about to answer then he noticed the smoke alarm and my soapy hands. "What's going on?" He questioned. I frowned. "Nothing. I just left the stove on and something caught on fire." He was still on my nerves from earlier today. "On fire?! I knew you shouldn't have left!"

He pushed pass me and into the house, heading straight for the kitchen. "Alan wait!" I shouted running after him. He stopped midway and I almost bumped into him. I peered over his shoulder to see what he was staring at. Lu was still in the kitchen, still naked.

Great.