Chapter 2

Darryl looked out the library window and watched the other drowsily walk down the street, now that Zak kid was gone, he could finally go home. He nodded as he left the library, locking it with the spare key he had and then walking back home, quickening his pace as he wanted to get back to the warmth of his bed quicker.

It was around 3:15am when Darryl got back to his dorm room. He switched the light on, no longer wanting to stay in the dark as he got changed into his pyjamas. He sighed looking at the laptop on his desk and mumbling under his breath.

"It wouldn't hurt to research it," he sat down at his desk, opening up his laptop and putting in his six word password. As he waited for his laptop to load, he quickly made himself a cup of coffee in the kitchen. Setting the white mug on his wooden desk, he sat back down and opened the google chrome browser.

"Invaded Lands Team, Uhh- did he say he was captain? Captain Zak," Darryl mumbled under his breath as he typed it on his keyboard. "Shoot, What was his last name? Did he even tell me- Oh! This must be him,"

He clicked the link to the school website database to see his full name.

"Zak Carder," Darryl whispered under his breath, almost in a trance by the name, "Or Skeppy? That's his nickname?"

Darryl laughed to himself, taking a sip of his drink and thinking to himself, 'Well at least he's cute.'

-=-

Zak woke up on a familiar couch, settled in a fluffy grey blanket and two white pillows. He sat up, looking around him as he rubbed his pounding head. He turned his head to the window, it was still dark out. He checked his pockets for his phone, thank god it was still there. Quickly he unlocked it, checking for the time. 4;28am. He frowned as he recognised the dorm. Vincents dorm. Last time he checked, he wasn't on good terms with the young french boy. He moved to sit up but was stopped by the boy.

"Glad to see you woke up, Zak." Vincent's accent was strong, his eyebrows furrowed and his face was emotionless as he held a glass of water out to him as well as two pills, "For your headache."

Zak nodded as he took the pills and water, swallowing them quickly almost as though it was a practiced routine, "Thanks... Look Vincent, I'm sor-"

"Sorry? Zak you fucking scared me!" Vincent gradually got louder, hugging the tanned boy on the couch. "Jesus Christ, and not only that, but we've argued for the past three months and you only come here because you're drunk!"

"I- I'm so sorry, Vincent. I didn't think you wanted to ever talk to me again," Zaks eyes grew teary as he looked away from the upset Male in front of him, "I didn't mean for any of this to happen, you know that right?"

Vincent sighed, sitting down next to the other, "I know... I just miss being friends."

"Me too," Zak nodded, drinking the leftover water, "What even happened last night if you don't mind telling me? I remember getting changed from Baseball practice but other than that... My minds gone blank."

Vincent shook his head again, frowning once more, "Well, you came here around three. I think you were at Dave's party because you were yelling about how stupid them idiots were. Then you started grinning like a mad man saying you got yourself a boyfriend."

Vincent laughed at that last part, watching Zaks upset face turn into one of confusion. "I got a what?"

"A boyfriend. Apparently you walked off and ended up with some kid from Munchy Form. I think it was the class president, BadBoyHalo."

"B-BadBoy...Halo?" Zak almost cried, he looked up to the teenager with a passion and to even get noticed by him was a blessing. Now he was angry that he was even drunk in the first place, "Do you know where? Where I met him, I mean."

"I do, but it's going to cost you." Vincent smirked standing up and taking Zaks glass to the kitchen before coming back and helping the boy sit up, "Gaming Session."

"Hell yes. Vincent, can we just be friends again?" Zak asked following the other into the gaming studio, Vincent had set up in the spare room he had. He was supposed to have a roommate but the Sakura Form wasn't too big so he got it all to himself.

"Yeah, duh. Welcome back, Zak."

Zak smiled, genuinely happy that the other accepted.
Today was gonna be great.