Chapter 24

Zak woke up to the sound of birds chirping and his face snuggled deep into a soft, warm fabric. He moaned as he leaned back a bit for air and he soon sat up rubbing his eyes softly as he looked beside him to see the handsome brunette. His heart began to pick up as he realized he was in bed with Darryl once again, but soon it slowed down as he realized they both had clothes on... Thank god! He let out a content sigh, before noticing that Darryl was snoring lightly and he let out a high-pitched giggle. He didn't realize how funny Darryl's snoring was until now.

A few hours passed by quickly and Zak was in school, he was alone... He sighed softly as he looked at the cafeteria before deciding against eating anything, he had been eating fine and just because his food diary was empty didn't mean he hadn't eaten. It just meant he didn't care for his mother's stupid reasoning, he believed she was just trying to take over his life once more... His mother was a control freak after all. Instead of grabbing something to eat, he left to find his boyfriend, he knew Darryl probably already made him sandwiches anyways. Darryl and Zak had split up to go to their different lockers- which happened to be on opposite sides of the school. It took ten minutes to find Darryl but just seeing the boy was worth it. He grinned as he called over to the older, waving his arm excitedly before confusion emitted from his body as the other brushed him off and speed-walked off. His heart ached as he watched the other practically runoff. He huffed, throwing his remaining books on the floor and stomping to the boy's bathroom. What had he done now? How had he possibly screwed up this time?

He let out a shaky breath as he looked himself over in the mirror... was Darryl embarrassed to be with him? Was it his fashion sense? Why the heck had Darryl ignored him?! He let out a frustrated moan before realizing, maybe Darryl hadn't noticed him and had sped off to find him. After all, Darryl was a silly numpty and couldn't hear him often. He made sure to calm down and wash his face before going back to collect his now roughed up books from the ground, he picked them up carefully, really regretting throwing them as they were actually quite expensive and they were his favourite series too! He whined slightly as he checked them over, noticing a few tears and rips in the corner before deciding he would just have to save up for a new set of the series. He grumbled slightly as he began to walk in the direction Darryl went in. Unfortunately for Zak the other had disappeared and didn't appear at Zaks lessons either, which concerned Zak a lot, he was scared that the other really hated him now but he eventually calmed himself down as he walked tiredly to his dorm.

As his hand twisted against the door, he heard a small shuffle from behind him and he turned around to check who it was.

"Vincent?"

"Hey, Zak!" Vincent spoke nonchalantly, standing next to the others doorway as he talked, "How was lessons?"

"I- I dunno, I wasn't paying attention."

"I know, Darryl wasn't in, right?"

"Yep, I don't think he likes me anymore though, he seemed to be ignoring me..."

Vincent paused to look at Zak as he entered the dorm before bursting into laughter, his face going red with amusement and lack of air.

"D-Darryls sick!" Vincent managed to exclaim laughing at the other, how could you think he hated him? Darryl practically worshipped Zak or something.

"Wait really?"

"Yeah, he didn't want you to worry so he called out sick at lunch."

"Oh, right... I'll go check on him then when I'm changed, I stink."

"I know, see ya soon Zak."

"See you, Vince!"