Chapter 11

There were many noises around Zak's apartment, none of them fully belonging to the young boy. Once in a while, his computer would ping and every twenty seconds his phone would ring a lot and then stop for a second and start over. Zak suspected someone really needed or wanted him- but he didn't care. He didn't have the heart to care right now. He had upset his friend, his best and one of the only friends who knew him. He let out a small choked sob before snuggling and wiping his eyes once again with the sleeves of his hoodie. He had changed into a pink and white hoodie as well as black jeans when he got back to his dorm, not wanting to be reminded of the dirty clothes that he wore when upsetting the older. He sat, curled into himself on the couch until he heard the door, the sound of rattling on the other side.

"Zak."

The raven-haired boy looked up, surprised to see the boy in the doorway. He smiled softly, patting the couch next to him as more tears slid down his cheeks. The brunette shut the door behind him before sitting down next to Zak, patting his shoulder gently.

"I heard what happened between you and Darryl," Vincent mumbled, holding his breath as he waited for Zak's reaction. He knew how clingy and needy Zak was and when he lost a friend regardless how stupid an argument was, he knows that Zak would get majorly upset.

"It's not okay, Vincent!" Zak sniffled once more, looking away from his closest friend, "I've totally ruined everything and he hates me and he doesn't want to tutor me anymore and I-"

"Shut up, Zak. Listen to yourself speak," Vincent spoke confidently as he unlocked his phone. "If Darryl hated you, why would he call me to come make sure you're okay? He thinks you hate him for kicking you out!"

Zak gasped, clearly shocked as more tears brimmed his eyes, "How could I hate the kindest person in this world?"

Vincent shrugged, rubbing circles on the others back, "Well, how about we go talk to Darryl? We can meet him at a park if you're not okay meeting at his dorm?"

Zak nodded, wanting to fix he problem as soon as possible. He giggled as Vincent struggled to find the phone app before finally showing him it and laughing harder, Vincent joined in too as he pressed the call.

One ring.

Two rings.

"Hello?"

"Oh my goodness! Vincent, is Zak okay?"

Vincent hummed in reply as Zak jumped in the conversation, "Yeah I am. Are you, Darry?"

Darryl let out a sigh in relief, as he quickly got changed, Vincent had already told Darryl the plan about going out to make up with each other. Darryl has changed into a plain white shirt, grey skinny jeans, ripped at the knees and some black trainers.

"I'm a lot better knowing you're okay. You know I'm sorry, right? I don't think properly in the mornings!"

Zak giggled as Vincent excuse himself to the bathroom, "I know, and I'm sorry for joking around too much."

Zak blushed heavily as Darryl whispered one last sentence that was almost inaudible before hanging up.

"Woah, what happened to you?" Vincent teased lightly, chuckling at how red the others face was.

"Shut up kid, let's go to that park."

"Already? Man, I was hoping to get a snack before we-" Vincent was cut off by Zak throwing a banana at his face and it landing in the floor, "Well, I guess that also works."

Vincent burst into laughter as Zak giggled and ran out his dorm, before chasing after him, not caring to fully lock the door as he guaranteed everyone was too hungover to try and rob Zak anyways. Today was going to be a good days

Zak sprinted towards the tall boy, jumping into the older arms and wrapping his arms around his neck. Darryl caught the raven-haired teen as he jumped, holding onto his waist as he spun them round, before planting a kiss on the others forehead.

"I'm so glad we made up! Vincent it's good to see you again," Darryl waved the boy over who was currently lagging behind Zak and panting for air.

"Yes, sadly I can't stay long."

Zak whined lightly as Darryl spoke up, "Aw, why?"

"My friend wants help with something," Vincents blush was almost nonexistent as he smiled at the two, "Have a good date."

Zak didn't know if Darryl misheard the other or was teasing him but Darryl replied with, "You too."

The two boys spent the rest of the day wandering around town, yapping away too each other and talking about themselves a bit more like they usually would but this time, their conversations were light and fluffy like clouds. Before they knew it, their day was slowly coming to an end and Darryl decided to walk Zak back to his dorm. As the two approached the dorm, Darryl grabbed Zaks hand pulling him into a hug, which Zak happily reciprocated.

"Zak, I know it's only been a week and a day but," Darryl began nervously, "I want to go on a date. Just one. If you want to give it a try?"

Zak nodded shyly, "I'd like that."

"Awesome! Maybe one day I'll tell you about my muffin obsession, see you cutie," Darryl flirted lightly as the other was about to shut the door behind him.

Zak giggled lightly in response to the terribly cheesy nickname, "Goodnight Darry! Can't wait for our date."

With that, Zak watched as the other left down the hall to his own dorm, leaving Zak to sit mindlessly in his dorm. He needed to call someone and rant to them about his amazing day. He picked up his phone before quickly calling his second favourite person.

"Hey Zak, what's up?"

"So, let me tell you about my day..."