Chapter 28

Zak's head was resting on the arm of the couch once again, Darryl had long gone disappeared from the apartment/dormitory and he was bored, tired and upset- he had just watched a film about this boy who had been kicked from doing what he liked and it really reminded him of the tragic events of the previous night. He groaned as he rubbed his hands onto his face, his eyes almost filling with tears before he stopped them, he didn't want to be a wuss. That's what he was taught... Yet he always went against what he was taught so why couldn't he now? He sighed not really knowing what to do next, he always had a plan but now... Now he had nothing, why was everything so difficult for the poor boy? He let out a stifled sob, masked by the giggle he tried to force out, maybe if he laughed it off the pain would go away? Salty tears slipped down his cheeks as he stopped, knowing that he couldn't pretend anymore, he sobbed quietly in the dorm of his boyfriends, the smell of freshly baked muffins and cinnamon comforting him as he sniffled into the couch.

"God, I'm such a mess," He mumbled sitting up and moving to Darryl's room, maybe Darryl had some videogames to distract himself. He opened the door slowly and cautiously not wanting to hit anything as he entered he noticed the desk and how clean his bed was, not like Skeppy's bed which was messy and unkempt. Zak shyly moved closer to the desk, awkwardly opening up the passcode only to find it had a password...

"Aw, shit... Wait, let's try muffin," Zak let out a forced laugh, in an attempt to cheer himself up, surprising himself when the password actually worked, "Wait, what even? Why would anyone in their right mind choose muffin as their- Ugh nevermind."

Soon the laptop completely loaded to find the desktop and he stepped back only to be face to face with his own face, it was when they went to the arcade a few days ago! It was him, Vincent and Darryl. He smiled at how happy everyone looked.

"God, we should do that again."

He grinned as he took a seat, adjusting the height a bit so he was able to comfortably use the laptop. Zak quickly opened google only to see Darryl's last search, 'How to make my boyfriend happy'...

'Aw, cute.'

Zak subconsciously smiled, his cheeks going a slightly red color, he bit the inside of his mouth as he hid his face in his sleeve, "God, I love him."

Zak opened a new tab googling something else, he was gonna have to do something big for Darryl especially since Darryl thought about him so much. Zak paused for a second, Darryl.

Darryl was everything to him at the moment, the cause of his gradually increasing grades, the cause of his happiness and love of the world and even the reason he gets up in the morning. Darryl, the guy he met when he was drunk and out of his mind- Darryl, the guy who wants to be a baker in the future despite his many other talents that he's brilliant in- Darryl, his boyfriend.

He let out a soft grin, he was in Darryl's room, right? It was kinda cold... He shivered lightly before looking around and finding a hoodie strewn against the bedside table, Darryl surely wouldn't mind... right?

-=-

"So Darryl how've you been?" Callahan asked, holding out the pizza box for the brunette, "I heard you got yourself a boyfriend."

"Oh yeah! I've been alright and how did you know?" Darryl questioned in confusion, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, he hadn't really told anyone other than Vincent, Clay, and Dave about him and Zak so he was confused on how he noticed. He gratefully grabbed a slice of pizza.

"Zaks pretty popular, it's big news when he dates someone. Especially when that someone is some nerd from Form Munchy, who only participates in 'nerdy' activities," Callahan explained through his small bites of pizza. "Anyways how is that relationship going? Is he a cheater, too clingy or just plain annoying? He was at your dorm today, he ruining your study sessions I assume?"

"Actually no, he's not. It must've been a while since we last talked but-"

"Three months, actually..."

"Well anyway, things have changed a lot, I now hang with Zak and Vincent a lot more than I probably should but they're actually pretty cool. Zak's nothing like that by the way, he may be slightly clingy but I'm pretty sure everyone's a little clingy deep down. He was at my dorm because he's ill and apparently he got kicked off the team without telling me so he's a bit down at the moment," Darryl began, defending the younger quickly not wanting to cause drama but not wanting for his boyfriend's name to be in shame, "He got kicked for missing too many sessions I assume, because he's always with me. He's not actually talked to me about it yet but... Yeah. He's kinda the student I have to study with now so, it works out I guess."

"Wait, Wait is that how you and Zak met?"

Darryl thought for a second, "Well no, that would be cliché. We met in the library, he'd just gotten out of some peer pressuring in a party and he was hella drunk. I helped him sober up and we continued talking through the classroom tutor programme."

"Oh, I see," Callahan grabbed another slice of pizza, grinning at the other excitedly, "Wait so, your boyfriends an alcoholic?"

"Ha, no. He's cuddly and cute and he was forced into it by Dave but that's in the past," Darryl chuckled, bumping Callahan lightly at the rude comment.

"Cute and cuddly, eh? Do spill."

"Well, I love him with all my heart and if he ever left me I'd be heartbroken and I-"

"Okay that's enough, loverboy," Callahan cut in as a knocking approached from the door, he huffed as he stood up, opening it. Surprised at who he saw. "Loverboy, thought you said he wasn't clingy?"