Chapter 15

Zak grinned as the other led him out of the car and down the wooden flooring.

"Zak, you are a strange boy."

"Bruh, no you," Zak replied, holding the others hand tightly onto himself.

"What does that even mean?" Darryl questioned quietly as he paid for an entry ticket into the small fair on the pier.

"It means you're the strange one, I mean, you're the one with the muffin obsession!"

"Hey! We said we wouldn't mention that, you- Gah!" Darryl spoke with almost annoyance but calmed himself before it could escalate to proper anger, "Nevermind, what do you wanna do first? I'll pay, babe."

"I- Uhh can we loosen the name? I- Ugh, you're making me nervous and confused!" Zak almost shouted, huffing as he hid his face in his sleeve.

"Sorry muffin, but uh if it helps you really are cute," Darryl smiled softly, pulling the others arm away from his face and planting a kiss on his cheek, "Now, rollercoaster first, or the Twisters?"

"Twisters! Twisters!" Zak chanted as the other chuckled and lead him to the spinning attraction. Zak bounced as they waited for the ride to finish so they could get in a cart together.

"Huh... That sure is spinning fast," Darryl mumbled awkwardly, slightly nervous about the ride, he'd just have to suck it up for Zak, besides he was an adult practically, he had to learn.

"You'll be okay! Plus I'll be on there with y- Oh! It's our turn to get on! Come on, Darry!" Zak grinned, shouting over the loud music and crowds of people.

"Okay then..."

As they sat down in a purple cart, the ride operator locked the cart door and told them to keep their arms and legs inside at all times as they usually do.

"Are you excited Darryl? I'm excited, oooooh how fast do you think we'll," Zak was cut off by a loud click as the ride began to move around the track and one of the operators spun them round. The cart spinning quickly as Zak and Darryl kept banging into each other when the cart went round a corner. After a minute the pit in Darryl's stomach only grew when they hit a corner a little too fast and the movement of the car was just a bit too much for him. His stomach growled with anger as it rose into his throat and he threw up. Zak stopped screaming for a second, noticing that the other did not enjoy the ride and held his hand, watching as the older held his other hand to his mouth tightly, not wanting to get puke on Zak or himself.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" Zak shouted over the loud music as they spun round faster. "If you didn't want to get on, why did you?"

After getting no reply, Zak figured the other was trying not to throw up and just left him, tightening his hold once more as to show Darryl that he was there for him. After two minutes the ride came to a halt and Darryl quickly let go of Zak's hand and ran to the nearest bin, feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"Darryl!" Zak shouted, scanning the pier for the other, quickly finding him and rubbing the others back. "Are you ok? If you didn't feel good, why did you get on?"

"I'm fine, you muffin. I just Uh.... didn't realise how fast it went until I was on it," Darryl spoke calmly wiping his mouth with a tissue from his pocket.

"Bruh, are you sure you're ok though? We can just head home if you wa-"

"No! I'm sorry I ruined this date, ugh I'm such a screw up!" Darryl shouted, slamming his head against the wall aggressively.

"No you're not! You're perfect, come on, you've not ruined the date anyways. I was gonna suggest going home and watching some movies together."

"I- Thank you, Zak," Darryl muttered tiredly, hugging the other before holding his hand gently.

"For what?"

"For understanding and caring about me," Darryl spoke softly, leading the younger back to his car. "I like the sound of your idea better, by the way."

"I knew you would, besides, I love you."

"I-I love you too," Darryl replied sitting down in the drivers seat and putting his belt on,Darryl thought for a moment before speaking,  "Do you really wanna know about my muffin obsession?"

"Yes!"

"Well, I wanted to be a baker when I was older, so I always bake muffins on the weekends, sounds stupid, I know. But I really want to," Darryl mumbled softly, hiding his embarrassment by driving.

"Woah, that's not stupid, I think that's really cool!"

"I- You think so?"

"Hell yeah!"

Darryl smiled, leaning back in his seat, maybe things were getting better for him, just maybe.

'Maybe it's not too early to date Zak.'