Chapter 19

Zak yawned as he sat up in bed, ready for the day ahead, it was the day of his big first game of the season so everything had to be extremely perfect. He smiled as he gently got out of bed, changing into some plain grey skinny jeans and a yellow hoodie, he wanted to try a different colour today. He thought he looked pretty hot compared to usual, especially since it hid a lot of his scratches and bruises from when he fell in practice yesterday. Zak giggles at the thought of being so clumsy and prone to injury before having a sudden urge to call his love interest. He shook off the urge, hesitating as he knew the other would only find him as an annoyance so early on.

Zak sighed as he tied his shoes, sliding his backpack onto his shoulders and locking the door behind him as he left the room, not bothering to grab anything to eat as he was sure there'd already be something to eat in his hands as soon as he saw Darryl later that day, besides he wasn't that hungry anyways. He hummed to himself as he bounced on his heels as he walked down the corridor- not really caring who was watching, he was in a great mood and nothing could ruin it, nothing except Darryl not wanting to be friends anymore and thinking he was a loser. He shuddered at the thought, how had Darryl become such an important person to him in such a short time period? He grinned at the thought of Darryl; his perfect hair, combed neatly, his vibrant green eyes, framed by his black-rimmed glasses as well as his amazing figure. Darryl was everything to Zak, almost like he was the sun that Zak orbited around daily. Zak huffed as a taller boy stood in his way accidentally, he groaned as he tapped the taller's shoulder.

"Oh! Hey Skep!" The boy spoke excitedly, pulling him into a side hug and bringing him to look into a classroom, "Look! That's the new form tutor I was telling you about, I planted a couple of pranks out for her and she's extremely funny to laugh out, her reactions are hilarious."

Zak chuckled at his friends pleasure in another's misery, "I'm good, Zelk. I've got places to be, people to see. That lot."

"Uh huh, sure," Zelkam laughed, releasing his grip on the shorter boy, "Have fun with your boyfriend."

The day continued on, Zak met up with Darryl during period one and everyone was excited and happy for something... but for what? Zak turned to Darryl as they sat at the lunch table.

"Hey uh, babe?" Zak began nervously, asking softly for the others attention.

"Yeh, Zak?" Darryl spoke before blowing on his extremely hot pie, he seemed somewhat distant and out of it. Almost as though he was distracted by something.

"Well, everyone's super excited and stuff and happy. I get today was supposed to be a good day and it's the first game of the season but uhh it's not usually this excitable and fun."

"Oh, you haven't heard?" Darryl spoke nonchalantly as though Zak asked such an obvious question, not really bothering to look at the other as he was too busy focusing on his pie, "There's a new student."

The chatter of the background children was all Zak could hear for a moment as he thought about the others statement. Zak choked for a second, reprehending what the other really said, "A new what?"

"Student. Like I said and I personally think they're pretty cute."

"You- You think they're cute?"

"I mean, I guess," Darryl mumbled. Realising something and turning to analyse Zak's face which had gone slightly red and his eyes barely brimmed with tears. "Not as cute as you though, baby."

Zak smiled shyly at the other before sighing. "I just wish that was true."

"Maybe... So what do they look like?"

Darryl smiled softly at the other, reassuring him that he was the only one, "Well, they're tallish with blonde hair and these big green eyes. Like I said he's somewhat cute, just not as cute and funny as you."

Darryl booped Zak's nose before picking up his now empty tray and throwing it away on the tray carrier. Zak emptily followed, not really understanding. Who was it and why hadn't he known until that moment?

"Maybe Vince knows..."