Chapter 1 Biology Buddy

"Another day at this crappy ass school." I mumbled under my breath. I take my time walking to my first class of the day, my teacher Mr.Rein isn't even in the classroom before the bell rings anyways. "Oh my gosh do I smell fish?" I look to my right and see two girls walk past me. They laugh at what they said to me as if it would hurt me by now. I'm so use to it a lot. No words can even hurt me anymore.

I walk into the classroom and go straight to my desk. Everyone is all by their friends laughing and talking. I grab my phone and whip out my earbuds as I start playing my Spotify playlist. I close my eyes and picture me at the Santa Cruz boardwalk. It has always been my wish to go there and experience the boardwalk. From all the pictures and videos, it just seems so fun to be there. The bell rings and everyone takes their seats, I put my phone and earbuds away and grab out the assignment that was due. Mr. Rein walks in with someone walking behind him. It's a boy who is pretty tall, looks about 6 foot and has dark brown soft hair. His eyes are a deep brown as well and he seems pretty athletic. He wears a gray and purple thrasher shirt and some black sweatpants. He doesn't look familiar at all, which gives me a clue he's new. "Guys we have a new student." Mr.Rein says in a excited tone. The tall boy next to him looks like a giant compared to Mr.Rein. "Please introduce yourself." Mr.Rein says to him, pointing to the class. The tall boy rolls his eyes and crosses his arms as if he's annoyed of us. "Name is Mattia, Mattia Polibio." he says with a deep tone. I look around the classroom and see all the girls looking at him as if he was the hottest dude ever. I don't pay attention to boys much but I will admit that he was pretty cute. "Alright, well welcome Mattia. Let's now find you a seat." Mr.Rein grabs his clipboard and starts looking. I look around to see to see the open seats, there is about 3. One of the open seats is right next to me but Mr.Rein doesn't put no one there because he knows I get bullied. I've dealt having no partner for the past school year so I'm kinda use to it. Mr.Rein looks hard at the clipboard as if he didn't know where to place Mattia. Mattia stands there, he looks around at the classroom. Everyone starts whispering to each other about him. "Do you see him? He is totally a cutie." A girl says with excitement. "No way, this dude can steal my girl in a matter of seconds." I hear a boy exclaimed in a nervous way. "Excuse me Mr.Rein." Mattia says. The whole class becomes quiet and all eyes are on him. "Can I just sit right there?" he says looking at the seat next to me. Everyone turns and looks at where Mattia was looking at. I look around confused to why everyone was looking at me. "Sure thing Mattia, go right ahead." Mr.Rein says as he writes his name down on the clipboard. Then suddenly Mattia starts walking towards me. My eyes become huge as I see why everyone was looking at me. No way Mattia is sitting next to me! He chose to sit next to me! Mattia grabs the stool next to me and sits down. He looks at me for a second and turns around and chuckles a bit. He must of saw how shocked I was, I probably looked so dumb. I got embarrassed and turned around as quickly as I can.

"Alright class, please bring out your assignment that was due today. I will explain the right answers." Mr.Rein says as he walks towards the white board. I couldn't stop thinking about how Mattia chose to sit next to me. I take a glance at the right side of me and see Mattia knocked out on the table. I chuckle a bit seeing him. Mattia is going to be my Biology  buddy for the whole year.