Chapter 10 Closer With Kairi

I walk out of the school gates. I see I have 6 missed calls from my mom. I felt rebellious for some reason, I didn't want to call her back. I hear a honk and look in the circle driveway. Kairi pulls up and rolls down his windows. He was wearing sunglasses and had a big smile.
Kairi: "Hop in I'm here to take you somewhere."
Kairi helped put a smile on my face. Today was a rough one and I'm pretty sure I was posted all over social media by now. I open his door and sit in front seat. As I was gonna buckle up I see Mattia in front of the gates looking at me and Kairi. Kairi notices Mattia and clears his throat.
Kairi: "I'm gonna buy you a dress for the dance."
I look at Kairi in a strange way, then I realize he said "dance."
You: "Um what do you mean dan-"
Kairi zooms off and turns sharp. I look at him in shock.
You: "Kairi you scared me to death!"
He laughs at me and then hits my head.
Kairi: "Sorry forgot about that!"
I then laugh at the way he reacted.
You: "So what's the dance deal?"
Kairi: "You don't know the dance? It's the all highschool dance."
I remember now, I never got invited to that stuff or bought anything for it.
Kairi: "Hey I'm asking you to the dance and buying you a dress."
I look at Kairi with a smile. I'll admit that he made my heart jump.
His smile was everything too. I poke him in the arm and he pretends to be hurt. We both laugh hard.

We walk into Windsor and see all these pretty dresses. I immediately went to the dresses living Kairi behind. I pick up 4 dresses that I really liked to try it on. I see Kairi surrounded by girls. They all talk to him in flirty ways but he doesn't seem to be interested, it's like he wanted to get away. I walk over with a little rush of jealous.
You: "Kairi I'm trying on dresses now for the dance we are doing together."
He nods and walks to the dressing rooms with me, the girls all whisper to each other as our backs were turned. I try on my first dress but it wasn't really Kairi's type. The second dress was too poofy, probably couldn't really dance well in it. The third one was way too blue, Kairi wanted to go for a black suit and gold tie which I should match with. The last dress was this skin tight golden dress that had this glam look. It showed how defined my body curves were. Kairi looks at me and he smiles. He looks at me up and down and nods his head.
Kairi: "This one is it, you look beautiful like an angel."
He looks mesmerized by me, I laugh a bit and snap in his face. He snaps out of his phase and becomes a bit red. I change back into my clothes and we go up to pay for the dress. When we walk out I look at Kairi.
You: "Thank you a lot, I mean it so much."
I give Kairi a hug as my appreciation but it seemed to stun him. After I was done he stood there still for a bit.
You: "Hello?"
Kairi again snaps out of it and gets red. I laugh and grab his arm and pull him.
You: "Let's look around now!"