Chapter 14 Lets Leave

Mattia punches one of the druggies in the face. The druggie falls onto to the others. They get mad and charge at Mattia. He dodges them and grabs my hand and we start running down the block. The druggies chase after us for karma. Mattia sees a metal pole on the ground and picks it up. The druggies come and he wacks them all with the pole. They all fall to the ground bleeding from their heads. Just then a police car drives by and sees what happened.
Police Man: "Hey you guys! Stop there right now!"
Mattia looks at me with fear, he holds onto my shoulder and looks into my eyes.
Mattia: "Listen to me, you have to stay here. I need to escape back to my place. Say whatever to the police, I promise you they will believe you."
He then pushes me a bit and starts running into a nearby backyard. I could hear the police man call for backup and runs to me.
Police Man: "Put your hands up!"
I raise my hands with anger in my eyes. I wasn't gonna let Mattia get caught.

I was in the police station, they left me sitting in a room alone for a while. I think in my head about what would I say. Just then a younger police officer comes in and sits down in front of me.
Young Police Man: "So let's see, 4 17 year old teen males knocked out by a teen male around 6ft. Do you know him?"
You: "No, the 4 boys came up to me and were harassing me. He was nearby and saw the incident and saved me."
The young police officer nods his head and then closes his folder book.
Young Police Man: "I guess that's all I needed to know. We found some information about the 4 boys have been doing drug trafficking. Thanks for your cooperation."
Wow it was that easy! I nod my head and follow him outside. I see the 4 druggies getting investigated by 2 police officers. They were furious as they saw me.
Druggie #1: "I'll beat you and your dumbass boyfriend up hoe!"
The police officers hold him back as I was guided to the building entrance.

I walk into Mattia's place and see he was wearing a black hoodie with some jeans and some black shoes. He was packing a duffel bag with clothes and clothes.
You: "What are you doing?"
Mattia: "We need to go to your apartment and take clothes, your packing your bags and coming with me."
I stare at Mattia in disbelief by what he was saying.
You: "What do you mean? Mattia what is happening?"
Mattia: "Listen, the druggies may snitch on me. So I have to leave, I have to go. I want you with me as well. We're gonna go out of New Jersey to California on train."
I stand there in shock, I was gonna leave my mom?
Mattia comes up to me and grabs my hands. He holds them and looks into my eyes .
Mattia: "It's your choice though."
I stand there thinking about my answer. I thought about how crazy my life has been so far. Then I look at Mattia's eyes, I couldn't leave him. He brought out the real me and I brought out the real him. I couldn't leave him like that.
You: "Hurry, I need to pack my bags."