Chapter 1: As The Night Grows Darker...

Ghira POV

Kali: "Are you 100% sure we should do this Ghira? I mean, isn't it a bit cruel? I doubt it will help us much..."

Ghira: "We can't go on like this any longer Kali. He's six years old now, it took long enough. I understand your doubts, but he's nothing but a burden to us, even in his current state. Even him sitting in the basement in a puddle of blood is too good for him. It needs to happen."

Kali: "Alright then, if you think it's the best for us, I'll trust your judgement on this one. Is there anything I need to do?"

Ghira: "Make sure Blake stays in her bed. I don't want her to see that failure again, we can't let her be influenced by him. Wait, do we have any pictures with (Y/N) on it?"

Kali: "I think like 5 or so, mostly from when he got born. Do you want me to get rid of those?"

Ghira: "I think it's for the best we do that aswell. If we get rid of him as a person, we need to erase those traces of him too. Could you please do that when I'm gone? That way we can do it quickly without anyone noticing."

Kali: "Okay, I'll throw them away and-"

Ghira: "No, shred them or burn them, I don't care, but they won't leave this house in one piece. Call me paranoid, but what if someone noses around in our trash and traces it back to us? We can't risk any such questions Kali, it's dangerous."

Kali: "Alright, alright, [inaudible mumbling]."

I couldn't quite hear that second part of what she said clearly, so I decided to ask her about it anyway. Can't hurt much right?

Ghira: "What did you say sweetie, I didn't catch that last part."

Kali: "Nothing you should worry about."

Kali POV

Kali: "Alright, alright, *mumbling* that's indeed getting paranoid there, no one will look in our trash can obviously."

Ghira POV

I walked back to the basement door and was about to open it, when I heard Kali calling out to me. So, I turned around, just in case she had something important.

Kali: "Ghira, wait! What if anyone sees you on the street there?"

Ghira: "Come on, have you seen how dark it is tonight? Not a single soul will be on the streets with a storm like this one. They'd be stupid to do that!"

Kali: "Which is exactly why you'll look suspicious if someone looks outside or actually is outside! Can't we do this tomorrow or so?"

Ghira: "No, it needs to be done now, don't you get it? This storm is the perfect possibility for us to do this! If he gets found somewhere, he'll probably be seen as some kid who fell of a ship! Not a single link to us because he doesn't look like a faunus at all! Besides, if he even survives that, he'll have a severe case of amnesia probably due to hitting a rock or something. It's absolutely perfect!"

Kali: "Well, if you say so... Then let's do this. You're right, we need to get rid of him. He's a waste of our time and oxygen in general. You'll get him from downstairs, I'll go get the pictures. If we do it quickly, he'll be erased from Remnant forever in every sense of the word!"

Ghira: "That's exactly, what I was thinking! I couldn't have said it better! Let's get to it now, shall we?"

Kali POV

I walked upstairs towards the room where Ghira and me kept the photo albums. I know with everything on scrolls it might seem stupid to keep them as albums, but it just has a certain sense of nostalgia to it. Just opening it up, looking at the pictures... All these memories that come drift to me again upon seeing these... The first time we went on a date... The wedding... It all looks so great. But I need to find the pictures with (Y/N) on it, I can't dwell in the past now. As I was busy for a minute or two, I suddenly heard footsteps behind me and a small voice asking me something.