Chapter 10: Burning Down

(A/N): just a small reminder, if you didn't know it already: (f/c) means favourite colour and (f/s) means favourite show and then I mean a TV show or something you can at least watch on TV. Please don't let it be RWBY though, that would tear a hole inside this universe and the book would abruptly stop. Anyway, thank you for reading my story, I hope you enjoy this chapter and the ones that'll follow.

______________________________________________________________________________

(Y/N) POV

We were sitting in our small bus now, almost tour bus yet. We're thinking of doing a small tour to promote our music a bit and to get me and Dan a bit more used to playing on stages. Because, so said Syd, if we want to make this our living, we'll have to play live eventually more and being afraid of playing on stages sucks.

Stan: "Guys! Come here, look what happened!"

Stan came running towards us, with his scroll in his hand. Syd was sitting in the passenger seat while Dan was driving, I just happened to be next to them.

Syd: "Is something the matter? Something bad happened?"

Stan: "Not really. Some music critic person online saw our performance and decided to review the album."

Dan: "Wait, for real?"

Syd: "Eyes on the road moron!"

Dan quickly turned around again and now was watching the road, as he should. Always watch the road while driving, important lesson in life if you don't want to die.

Dan: "Alright, but for real?"

Stan: "Yeah, they reviewed Mistlands. Want to hear what they wrote?"

(Y/N): "Sure."

Syd: "Why not?"

Dan: "I don't have much of a choice, do I?"

Stan: "Alright, here we go. 'After watching The Soundscape perform on Goodmorning Vale with their song and small hit, All Fall Down, I decided to see for myself what all the talk was really about. And after listening to it fully, I have to say, it's not as bad as it would seem. On stage at the show, they seemed like some annoying group of punks trying to think they should wake up everyone.'"

Syd: "Hey!"

Stan: "I'm not done yet, shut up. 'However, that attitude isn't on the album in the slightest. After getting the two singles past you, a small world of good songs opens up to you. The relatively long title track, Mistlands, flows quite nice and its detailed description of the landscape works to get the full effect this song should have.'"

Syd: "I told you it was good to write detailed shit! You hear that Dan? Point for me!"

Dan: "Dammit!"

(Y/N): "What else did they write?"

Stan: "There's a stupid track by track part, but let's save us that effort and boredom. Let's skip to the conclusion of the review. Are you guys with me on that decision?"

Dan: "Just read it already dammit!"

Stan: "Alright, I will, chill dude. 'So, to end this review with, this album is a bit all over the place at some points. This is both the strongest and the weakest part of it. It shows a band with a lot of talent, but it's hard to pinpoint what they're exactly aiming for sometimes and for a genre you can't really point to one specific thing either, which makes it hard to recommend to someone if you want to, but you only know the genres that person likes. So, this album will receive a 6.5 out of 10. These guys can do better and should show it to the world. Rock on.'"