10: In the end it doesn't even matter

Chaeyoung purses her lips. She slowly strolls through the school. "It's almost empty, that's weird?" She turns around. Jennie and Jisoo aren't that far behind.

She continues walking. She was supposed to meet up with Lisa and walk together all lovey dovey or something along those lines.

Chaeyoung breathes in the chilly air "It's cold alright." She whispers.

"Why are you just standing there? C'mon." Jisoo pokes at her. Chaeyoung raises an eyebrow. She gets dragged into the school by Jennie and Jisoo.

"No one is around, why are we even here--"

She hears a sweet melody playing. Her eyes widen. Lisa stands there. Nothing but spotlight on her.

She holds a rose in her hand and a mic in the other. Chaeyoung's eyes widen. Lisa tosses the rose.

"I love you." She says into the mic. Chaeyoung feels herself go red. Her heart thumps against her chest.

"I-" Chaeyoung breathes in sharply. The next second Lisa's hand is on her waist and she's leaning in.

"Park Chaeyoung, are you dead! Wake up!" Jennie screams into her ear. Chaeyoung bolts up. She looks around.

She's in Jennie's car.

She swallows. Lisa and Jisoo knock against the windows. Jennie raises an eyebrow. "Nightmare?"

"Something of the sort."

Jennie softly scratches the back of Chaeyoung's ear, something that made Chaeyoung unconsciously calm herself.

She found out in the seventh grade when Chaeyoung had no clue what to do because she ran out of period pads.
Jennie handed her some and gave her a scratch behind her ear. Chaeyoung calmed down in a moment of minutes.

"We're here." She smiles. "School?" Chaeyoung purses her lips.

"Did you forget everything? From when I picked you up from your house to when we got coffee?" Jennie raises an eyebrow. Jisoo and Lisa knock once more.

"Guys come on." They whine. Jennie rolls her eyes.

"Uh, not really, but I'm just kinda out of it. I guess." She shrugs nonchalantly.

"Hm, alright." Jennie purses her lips.

"Let's go?"

"Right." Chaeyoung nods. The memories of earlier this morning flooding back. She slowly exits the car.

"Heya." Lisa pokes at her. Chaeyoung doesn't even spare her a glance. Lisa's face falls. "Are you alright?" She asks trying to catch up with Chaeyoung who walks away.

"Yeah." She mutters. Lisa gnaws on her lip. "Okay," Her voice is clearly less spirited.

"What's the plan?" Jisoo turns behind her. Her hand slips into Jennie's. The younger girl smiles at her with heart eyes. Jisoo looks back with an even wider smile.

She leans in and pecks her lip.

"We plan to be more disgusting than you two." Lisa rolls her eyes. Jisoo only shrugs it off and hugs Jennie. Chaeyoung finally cracks a smile at that.

She clearss her throat. "You ready?" She makes small talk with Lisa. Her face brightens up.

"The question is: are you ready, Park Chaeyoung?" Lisa winks.

Chaeyoung's lips form into a smirk. "Whatever you say. Just carry my books." She says. Lisa opens her arms and Chaeyoung hands her a couple books.

Lisa hugs them towards her chest. "If you keep smiling like that I might just break rule number 5." She clicks her tongue.