18: and what do I do when my arms break the way they did?

Chaeyoung sucks in her breath as she walks into the classroom. "Good morning!" Lisa squeaks cheerfully. Chaeyoung gives her a forced smile and wave before going back to her tasks.

Lisa's smile falls slowly and she turns to look at Jisoo. "Did something happen to her?"

"How would I know that?"

Lisa's lips twitch. "Did the student council run into any trouble lately?"

"None that had or has to be dealt with Chae personally, no." Jisoo nods her head and Lisa crosses her arms in frustration. "She probably has a reason. Maybe she's just having a bad day." Jisoo says despite knowing that it didn't seem like the case at all.

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath in as she feels the burning gaze Lisa throws at her for the entirety of homeroom and before classes. She turns to look at Jennie and purses her lips. "I have a question."

"What is your question?" Jennie raises an eyebrow at her sudden conversation and lack of greeting. Chaeyoung clicks her tongue momentarily as Jennie patiently waits.

"Are you ever getting back together with Jisoo-Unnie?" Chaeyoung asked the older girl who scrunched her eyebrows in slight annoyance. "Why are you disturbing me about this too?" Jennie whines and the younger girl pouts with confusion clearly evident on her face.

"What do you mean?" She asks curiosity piquing and she sighs. "Your little girlfriend," Jennie mutters out and Chaeyoung gets defensive quite quickly. "She's not my girlfriend!" She argues back startling Jennie slightly. The older one looks around for a moment as she asses the situation. Thankfully it seems as though not many are around them to hear Chaeyoung's outburst.

Jennie takes a deep breath in. "Why are you lashing out?"

"I am most definitely not lashing out!"

Jennie crosses her arms with an eyebrow and Chaeyoung clears her throat awkwardly. "Okay, so maybe I am."

"What is your problem?" Jennie asks with a serious tone and Chaeyoung slumps into her seat with a pout sitting on her lips. "I've decided that I do not like Lisa Manoban and I never will." She says and Jennie looks at her before laughing in a mocking manner.

"And that's because?"

"I'm not allowed to like her." Chaeyoung decides and Jennie gives her a resting bitch face. She sits and waits for some kind of explanation from the younger one who has yet to make any kind of sense so far. "You don't get to decide your feelings if that's how life worked things would be so much easier," Jennie says and Rosé frowns.

"Well it would better if things were that way," Chaeyoung says with an upset tone in her voice. Jennie pauses as if to think. She shakes her head to disagree.

"If things were that way then things would be boring," Jennie states and Chaeyoung can't find it in herself to disagree to the opinionated logic which she knew had hard truth. She covers her face and slowly limps so that her chin is resting on her arm.

"I know that. I just hate how things are going.." Chaeyoung says disappointment evident in her voice. Jennie smiles at the easy admittance of the younger girl and pats her softly on the head.

"I'm hypocritical for saying this which is exactly why I'm going to say this. Don't be afraid to take a step forward, Chae. You're getting what you want without hurting anyone, this is your happiness, your life. No one else. It's not your parents' life nor is it this school's life. Do what makes you happy."

Chaeyoung gives her an empty stare, Jennie knows that she's so contradicting in terms of her actions, but she can't help but give the girl such advice. It's not that easy to follow through with generic advice, oftentimes you know without explanation that you have to do something. You don't know why, but you know that it has to be done.