18: The Crash

My gun is useless

The pieces of the Red Rose lay on ground since Cinder broke it when the sword she threw impaled me after going straight through Red's frame.

I lay on floor of the train with a sword embedded in my stomach. Cinder pushes the sword deeper into my stomach and spine; taking my ability to walk away for a time.

Once she finishes she stands back to 'admire' her handiwork.

Cinder: You put up a good fight, but it wasn't good enough

Cinder takes a stance as a bow forms in her hands.

Cinder: Any last words?

I chuckle a little while I lay on the floor of this train.

Y/n: You're just a pawn...

The smile she once had fades into a more sour expression. After what feels like minutes, she lets the arrow fly; it comes straight towards my chest and pierces what I think is my lung.

I begin coughing my lung out... literally

I assume Cinder has left the scene since I can't see her anywhere or in general. I can feel my own blood flooding into my lung as I lay here dying, but it's oddly peaceful; waiting for my consciousness to finally fade away.

The train car shakes but I barely notice as my grip on reality ebbs away every second. The last thing I can see is a flash of light before the darkness of death takes hold. But when I open my eyes again, I'm greeted with a lush green field. I look around and take in my surroundings.

Y/n: This is... new

I turn back and see a lone tree; I make way over to this tree, but as I do something seems off about this tree. Once I'm close enough to see the tree as clear as can be; I notice its rotted and the leaves are drained of all life

At the base of the tree, lies a rose. A wilted rose.

I reach a hand to the rose, but as I touch it; life comes back to it. Its unnatural color is replaced with a vibrant red.

Y/n: There, all better

Then the sky began getting brighter and brighter as seconds passed. The light was gone as fast as it came. First thing I can hear is gunfire and grimm. My vision is hazy as I open my eyes; it's like I knocked over by a grenade or something.

'I'm back...'

Then someone or something damn near strangles me to death. Again.

???: I thought I lost you!

'Okay then.'

Y/n: (muffled) I'd appreciate it if you don't kill me

???: Oh, I'm sorry!

As I'm released from this death hug, I notice it was oddly enough...  Ruby.

'No wonder she can carry that giant scythe'

As I look around, I notice the sheer amount of huntsman and huntresses fighting grimm that are emerging from a massive hole.

Vale: I know what your thinking and it's already there

I look to my holster and see Rose sittin' pretty.

'Armor...'

My fight with Cinder has left my armor in a condition that is... unfavorable to say the least

Y/n: Vale, I need armor

Vale: On it

Ruby: Who are you talking to?