54: Ashes

Keita enters Y/N's room to see him doing some stretches. The two hunters look at each other.

"Hey." Y/N greets

"Sup," Keita replies. "Got some good news and some bad news. Which do you want first?"

"The good."

"Alright. Your ghost is gonna be fine for the most part." Keita explains. "But she's gonna have some issues. Such as getting your armor, transmatting, and some others things."

Internally, Y/N is screaming his lungs out, but on the outside he's calm and rocksteady.

"Then what's the bad?" He asks

"Oh, the bad news is your previous cloak was destroyed after your pyrotechnic mishap." Keita responds. "But I got you covered. Now, the actual bad news is that there is no bad news."

"How is that bad?"

"I... don't know. Anyways, I got you some armor for the meantime. Here." Keita tosses the set over

Y/N catches it and looks at Keita.

"By the way, I'll also be escorting you to the lab so you get to be reunited with your ghost." Keita comments. "I'll be waiting outside."

Y/N nods and Keita walks out of the room. He sighs and begins putting on the set.

Timeskip

Y/N looks at himself

"Man, the chest piece kind of makes me look a woman..." Y/N thinks aloud.

Y/N takes a quick deep breath then exits the room. Keita gives him a throws up.

"That's not keep her waiting, Hunter."

The two walk through the halls of hospital in silence. Until Keita decides to clear the air.

"Mind if I ask you something?" Keita... asks

"Go ahead," Y/N responds

"How did you and your ghost meet?"

"I was revived in a forest after apparently bleeding to death." Y/N nonchalantly answers

"Bloody. Anyway, how old are you?" Keita probes

"17. Turning. 18 in 6 months." Y/N simply answers again. "Anything else you want to know?"

"Why did your ghost call you her 'son'," Keita asks. "Right after she woke up she was freaking and wondering where her son was, which I'm guessing she meant you."

Y/N stays silent for a few moments.

"Since she brought me back into this world. It's kind of like a mother bringing a child into this world." Y/N explains. "I... go along with it. Hell, I'm even starting to see it her way too."