63: Figments

Cinder stands. Her breathing heavy, her arm sliced clean off, stomach bleeding, and a large bleeding wound over her missing eye. Her killer glare being aimed at the one who could ruin everything she's worked for.

"Cinder. Fall. The one who killed Ozpin. The one who took down Beacon." Footsteps echoing as they approach. 

Green flames shining in the dark. Getting brighter and brighter by the second. Y/N being illuminated by the growing flame on his fingertips. His eyes having the same flame pour out of them. Just like a Maiden...

"The one who took... everything from me." His voice flowing with anger.

He grabs her by the throat and lifts her up. Her fleeting attempt to struggle free making him laugh. Y/N tosses her aside with little effort. Cinder skids across the rocky floor. She struggles to get up after coming to a halt.

"You fought against one of the Maidens. And won." Y/N's voice seeming sarcastic.

Y/N walks to the struggling murderer.

"Now you're losing to lil ol' me." Cinder looks up to see his smug smile.

"You're insane..." She spits.

He chuckles. 

"That's funny coming from you." He counters, standing up.

Y/N takes out his Duality and aims at right for Cinder's heart.

"Any last words, Megalomaniac?" 

Cinder struggles to sit up on her, one, arm.

"How's your mother..." Cinder smirks.

Y/N's smile drops and his arm falls to his side. He brings his hand up to his face, and seemingly starts to cry. Cinder stares at him with glee. Now's her chance. Cinder stands up, almost falling over, and begins to conjure up a blade.

However, it got about halfway to being fully constructed before Y/N drops the act and shoots Cinder's kneecaps.  Causing her to immediately falling back to the ground clutching her knees.

"And I thought you were smarter than that." Y/N says, approaching. Menacingly.

He crouches down in front of her and lifts her head up by her chin.

"I am going enjoy ripping your aura away from you body. Hearing you screams of agony is going to be music to my ears." He tells her. Sadistic glee oozing from every syllable.

 He raises his hand, showing the lively Mark of Devourer carved within his palm. It's glow being reflected within her eyes.

.
.
.

Cinder wakes up screaming her lungs out. Her breathing is heavy. She looks around frantically. Cinder comes to a realization. It was just a dream. However... it didn't make sense. It all seemed so real. The pain, the fire, and him.

Cinder looks down at her grimm arm. The image of it being torn from her body flashing before her eyes. Causing her to flinch slightly. She takes a deep breath to calm her nerves.

"Did a little bad dream scare you?" A voice taunts.

Cinder gets up ready to fight.

"Show yourself coward!" She shouts.

"Coward, huh?" Y/N appears in front of her. "That's funny coming from you, Cinder."

Cinder jumps back.

"Where'd all that energy go, sparks?" A strange smile stretches his lips. "Heh... grimm got your tongue?"

"H-How are you here?!" Cinder steps back, fire setting alight in her hands.

"I'm not here." He answers, walking through her body. "Yet at the same time. I am"

He boops her nose then disappears. Dodging her fiery attack.

"Not so fast, fire cracker." He floats down in front of her. "Ain't getting rid of me for a very long time. So you better get used to hearing my voice."

"Ugh... great." Cinder pinches the bridge of her nose. "Why are you here?"

He smiles.

"I'm here to help you win."

Till next time, O Reader Mine~